Heavy Metal Heart by Nico Rosso

Heavy Metal Heart (Demon Rock, #1)

DUE OUT: E-book from Carina Press 30September

ABOUT THE BOOK: "Rock Star. Front man. Demon. A descendant of satyrs and the lead singer in a band that feeds on the energy of its audience, Trevor Sand is growing weary of the constant need to perform. He needs the legend of the Muse—a woman destined to be a demon’s eternal companion and only source of sustenance—to be true.

Misty Grant has never been bold, but when Trevor singles her out among hundreds at a concert, she takes him up on his explicit offer. During an erotic night in his hotel room, she learns that his touch is as electric as his lyrics. But when Trevor’s demon is aroused, her desire turns to horror and she runs.

Knowing that he’ll die if he loses her, Trevor must find Misty before his enemies do. But even if he can save her, he knows that regaining the trust of his fated Muse will be his greatest challenge"


REVIEW: When I sought out Heavy Metal Heart, it was the title, cover, and details about the book that hooked me and to be honest, I didn't even bother to look at the author's name. So I have a confession to make. I can count on one hand and maybe even less than that, how many romances I have read by male authors. In fact, I've made a point to NOT read them. Not really mature of me, or fair I suppose but there it is. In fact, I didn't even know that a male had written this until I read the letter from Ms. Angela James at the start of the book(in fact I enjoy reading those and all the author notes/dedications/acknowledgments yada yada yada).

 I am SO glad I didn't miss out on this book!

Because it's short, I was okay with the time frame (basically one night), although I wish the paranormal world building was developed a bit more fully. There are other things, because the book takes place so fast, that happen much quicker than they would in a full length novel. Things that need to happen in order for the book to have a happily ever after. I thought Misty's initial reaction to Trevor's demon side was fitting and quick turn around made sense- again given the length and time frame of this book.

Mr. Rosso's writing style is gritty, sexy and sometimes poetic.  And maybe because I'm a proud metal head/rock chick, I kind of thought the book was like one long kick ass 80's metal video. This book had me cranking my XM radio (Ozzy's Boneyard and Hair Nation) and recalling the crazy energy I experienced in some of the metal concerts I've been at.  So maybe I'm a bit biased in my love for this book...but I don't think so.  It really was that fun and good. I am now a fan of Mr. Rosso and can't wait to read future books about Trevor's bandmates finding their own Muses.


Comments