BOOK CLUB THURSDAYS: KIDDING AROUND

Welcome back readers for another Book Club Thursday(BCT).

I hope you all are enjoying a good book.

This week we decided to talk kids. How do you feel about kids(babies, toddlers, pre- teens, teens..you get the idea) in your romance novels?

I have to say that for me, it depends. I think kids of any age(babies through about high school) have no place in erotica novels (meaning as secondary characters etc). I also think that in some Urban Fantasy and Paranormals ( I said some) they don't always fit.

I think kids work best in contemporary romances. Don't get me wrong - I do think they have a place in romantic suspense(although that can get tiresome) and historical romances...it's just ..... yeah I know it sounds like I'm not a fan but really I am-as long as they are well written and integral to the plot. I've read kids in books before that were poorly written or written as if they were an afterthought.

I will say that I do enjoy books in a series where you meet the kid early on and then years and years later..... you get their story as an adult! FUN! 

I'd love to hear what you have to say about this topic and if you have a favorite romance with kids. 

And don't forget to check out what my best friends had to say:

Ann@Romancing the Readers


Karen@The Many Faces of Romance



THERE'S ALSO STILL TIME TO ENTER OUR J.R. WARD CONTEST!

Comments

  1. I think kids fit best in contemporary too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree- Kare. I think most of the time the work best in a cont. setting but again - as long as they are well written and needed for the story line I'm (mostly) good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment