BOOK CLUB THURSDAY: REVIEW: Bluegrass State of Mind by Kathleen Brooks

Happy Thursday!

I can't believe another week has gone by already- so welcome back. If it's your first visit, I'm happy you stopped by and hope you'll return. Either way, thanks for stopping by this week. Today we are having a review(listed below). 

Normally I post upcoming Thursday info at the end of my blog but I'm just too excited about what's ahead. So be sure to check back in May - it will be a month a filled with things related to RT Con (huge book lover's convention). We will be discussing past RT Conventions, New Orleans themed books, and plenty of giveaways(hint - some signed books from this year's convention).

  
Now for the review: 


ABOUT THE BOOK:

In the first book of the Bluegrass Series, McKenna Mason, a New York City attorney with a love of all things Prada, is on the run from a group of powerful, dangerous men. McKenna turns to a teenage crush, Will Ashton, for help in starting a new life in beautiful horse country. She finds that Will is now a handsome, successful race horse farm owner. As the old flame is ignited, complications are aplenty in the form of a nasty ex-wife, an ex-boyfriend intent on killing her, and a feisty race horse who refuses to race without a kiss. Can Will and McKenna cross the finish line together, and more importantly, alive?



AUTHOR LINKS:






MY REVIEW: 

I liked the idea of this book very much and was excited to read it. Sadly, it just missed the mark for me.

I couldn't get over my annoyance concerning the REPETITION.

I didn't mind some of the stereotypical things. The fact the relationship seemed a bit forced was not that big a deal  but maybe that was because I wasn't invested in either character much. I think there was too much "telling" in the writing which made it hard for me to have any connection to the book in general.

Would I try another book by Ms. Brooks? Perhaps, because I see something I like- even if it's small. 

So what did my best friends and fellow bloggers have to say? 

Find out now by visiting:






Comments

Post a Comment