REVIEW: WICKED AS THEY COME BY DELILAH S. DAWSON

ABOUT THE BOOK:

First in a steampunk-tinged paranormal romance series in which a woman is transported to a world filled with vampires and magic. 

When nurse Tish Everett forced open the pesky but lovely locket she found at an estate sale, she had no idea she was answering the call of Criminy Stain, from the far off land of Sang. He’d cast a spell for her, but when she’s transported right to him, she’s not so sure she’s ready to be under the spell of another man. (It didn’t go so well last time with controlling, abusive, domineering Jeff.) If only Criminy wasn’t so deliciously rakish…. 

Half the inhabitants of Sang are Pinkies—human—and the other half are Bludmen, who in Tish’s world would be called vampires. But they don’t mess with any of the bat/coffin/no sunlight nonsense. They’re rather like you and me, just more fabulous, long living, and mostly indestructible. (They're also very good kissers.) But when the evil Mayor of Manchester (formerly Bludchester) redoubles his efforts to rid Sang of the Bludmen once and for all, stealing Tish’s locket in hopes of traveling back to her world himself for reinforcements, Criminy and Tish must battle ghosts, sea monsters, wayward submarines, a secret cabal, and thundering Bludmares to get the locket back and allow Tish to return home…but has she found love with Criminy? Could she stay in Sang forever?



AUTHOR LINKS:

BLOG

PUBLISHER PAGE

TWITTER

FACEBOOK

MY REVIEW: 

Although I bought this book when it first came out, I kind of forgot about it until recently. 

HOW THE HELL COULD I? Look at that cover...the title! LOL

So as I was preparing to write this blog (and I do have all the others in this series and plan on reading them soon) I was bummed to learn the series is actually.... OVER!

However I have read the tidbits about Ms. Dawson's upcoming YA release and let me just say I CAN'T WAIT!

But I'm gone off topic.

Wicked as They Come (first person read) in all it's gothic dreariness is really FUN.

It's imaginative and captivating with the world building(I'd visit Sang) and cast of characters (stay away from the Bludbunnies even if they do sound a bit cute).

It's a descriptive meaty read, and almost a bit slow- but that only adds to the tone and added to my enjoyment of the book. 











Comments

  1. I bought it because of the cover, lol. It said, BUY ME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was good but it is a bit slow- but that adds to the overall tone of the book. i liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good to know. I hemmed and hawed for months before I gave in. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment