REVIEW: THE GIRL IN 6 E by A.R. Torre

ABOUT THE BOOK:

I haven't touched a human in three years. That seems like it would be a difficult task, but it's not. Not anymore, thanks to the internet.

I am, quite possibly, the most popular recluse ever. Not many shut-ins have a 200-member fan club, a bank account in the seven-figure range, and hundreds of men lining up to pay for undivided attention.

They get satisfaction, I get a distraction. Their secret desires are nothing compared to why I hide... my lust for blood, my love of death.


Taking their money is easy. Keeping all these secrets... one is bound to escape.

What if you hid yourself away because all you could think of was killing? And what if one girl's life depending on you venturing into society?

Enter a world of lies, thrills, fears, and all desires, in this original thriller from A. R. Torre.

THIS BOOK WILL BE RELEASED ON 8JUL14  FROM REDHOOK 

AUTHOR LINKS:





MY REVIEW:

I received an ARC of this novel at this year's RT CON in NOLA. In fact I was lucky enough to get a 2nd copy for a friend who I thought would dig it.

I read this book in one sitting.

That should tell you something.

Or maybe not....

Okay first the good:

The book really is that wickedly, disturbingly, good that you really want to read it in one sitting.

The bad:

I'm not a prude. Or easily offended. But I did think Ms. Torre went OVERBOARD with the explicit and gratuitous sexual encounters involving the heroine concerning her line of work. I understand that part of her life was,well part of her, but sometimes even a bit less is more.

Also a huge major plot point concerning the heroine made me go WTF!!!!!  I mean, it's HUGE and perhaps it was me that misread the explanation/reveal but I have yet to talk to my friend to see.

If you've read the book, I would LOVE to hear what you think.

I really did enjoy this book and would definitely read another one (thriller/suspense)by this author. I also plan on checking out her other books (she writes erotica under Alessandra Torre). 






Comments

Post a Comment