BOOK CLUB THURSDAY:REVIEW

WELCOME READERS! THANKS FOR CHECKING IN THIS WEEK!




This week we are doing a review:


ABOUT THE BOOK:

In this sizzling and hilarious contemporary e-book romance, pop sensation Ivy Hudson returns to her small town to face her ex. Only trouble is, she made her Taylor-Swift-like career with the hit song “Size Matters”—and the football hero has had to live it down ever since.

Five years ago, high school sweethearts Ivy and Blake’s relationship imploded and both their lives were changed forever. Ivy became a rock star and Blake lost not only his dreams of a successful NFL career, but his reputation. Ivy’s angry song about their breakup, called “Size Matters,” hit the top of the charts and Blake became a national laughingstock. He’s salvaged his career and returned to Rosewood to be the high school football coach, regaining his status as town hero and leading the boys to the state championships.

When a tornado whips through town and destroys the high school gymnasium and stadium, a committee is formed to help rebuild and plan some charity fundraisers. Blake’s grandmother requests that Ivy return to Rosewood for the events. Forced back together for the good of their hometown and their careers, Ivy and Blake have no choice but to put aside their differences, stop running from their pasts, and finally face the music.

For fans of Kristen Proby and Colette Auclair, Facing the Music hits a perfect balance between small-town romance and big-time success. Follow Ivy and Blake as they fall back in love and figure out what does matter in the end…




AUTHOR LINKS:


WEB PAGE

FACEBOOK

TWITTER


MY REVIEW:

Special thanks to NetGalley who provided me with an e-book copy for my honest review.

Sadly, I don't have much to say. I had mixed feelings about this book. It was well written, fairly easy to read, and I liked the small town feel BUT overall I found it peppered with too many cliches. I also found  that it was unbelievable how quickly Ivy and Blake reunited all things considered. I felt this book was too "New Adult" for my tastes (I was going to say juvenile, but I don't mean it in a immature or bad way).

Curious to find out what my BBFF'S (Best Blogger Friends Forever) had to say?

Don't wait - visit them now:


ANN @Romancing the Readers

KARE@The Many Faces of Romance


AND CHECK BACK NEXT WEEK- 2OCT14 FOR : IS PARANORMAL DEAD?

Comments

  1. I too felt it was very New Adult. I don't mind how quick they got together that seems to always happen in romance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't mind. It was the romance that I liked and the small town feel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment