BOOK CLUB THURSDAY: REVIEW

WELCOME READERS!

Thanks for stopping by. It's my favorite month - October! And my favorite...HALLOWEEN!

I know my fellow bloggers and I have touched on this before- but I love reading my paranormal romances in October because there was a time when they were hard to come by, and I would save a few to read around Halloween. 

This week we are doing our thing and each reviewing a paranormal romance. 


There are so many out there, it was hard to choose!

I think I'll go back to one of my very favorites.  I chose this one in particular because the initial buzz, around this book and the WAIT to get into my grubby my paws was just awful.

And I'll freely admit that I am behind this series but the later books in this series seemed to lose something for me (although they are well written, with to die for characters). I won't say why I think I've lost some interest though but if you're game for a conversation about it, I'd love to hear from you below.



I think I've mentioned this book before on my blog in passing but there's a reason why I'm bringing it up again. It's just that damn good.

ABOUT THE BOOK: 

Dear Reader, 

Being trapped in a bedroom with a woman is a grand thing. Being trapped in hundreds of bedrooms over two thousand years isn't. And being cursed into a book as a love-slave for eternity can ruin even a Spartan warrior's day. 

As a love-slave, I know everything about women. How to touch them, how to savor them, and most of all, how to pleasure them. But when I was summoned to fulfill Grace Alexander's sexual fantasies, I found the first woman in history who saw me as a man with a tormented past. She alone bothered to take me out of the bedroom and onto the world. She taught me to love again. 

But I was not born to love. I was cursed to walk eternity alone. As a general, I had long ago accepted my sentence. Yet now I have found Grace--the one thing my wounded heart cannot survive without. Sure, love can heal all wounds, but can it break a two-thousand-year-old curse? 

Julian of Macedon 



READ AN EXCERPT


AUTHOR LINK:

WEBSITE

FACEBOOK

YOUTUBE

TWITTER

MY TWO CENTS:

Fantasy Lover is filled with romance and lots of humorous moments which balance well with some of the more serious aspects of this book. I also enjoyed the mixture/use of the Greek Gods/Goddesses as secondary characters in this book.

Grace and Julian are great characters. Grace is an average woman, a bit insecure with a huge heart. Julian has a protective side despite being betrayed and having a wounded heart.  

How Julian comes into Grace's life is enchanting and some of the little things in this book make it especially romantic- like Grace reading to Julian. 

This book loosely kicks off the Dark Hunter Series. I can't really explain why without giving too much away because it's more fun to find out on your own.  



What did my BFF's pick? Find out now by visiting: 


ANN@ROMANCING THE READERS

KARE@THE MANY FACES OF ROMANCE


Comments

Post a Comment