BOOK CLUB THURSDAY:UNMENTIONABLES


 WELCOME BACK!

Thanks for stopping by.

This week myself and my fellow bloggers are talking all about...





UNMENTIONABLES..........












Okay, so I don't literally mean lingerie... LOL

However, I am talking about things that some people might consider unmentionable in a book.

Like when your characters:

Get drunk, and sick from it
Other vomiting
Get sick including the stomach flu
Have their period and associated cramps etc
Bathe
Use the toilet
Put on a condom and or dispose of it
Masturbate
Belch
Fart

I'm sure I'm missing some other good ones but those are just a handful that I can think of.

I'm not saying I want to read about my characters in most of the above of above listed activities per se, or have the author go on and on about a character's bathroom activities but sometimes a quick sentence lends some realism to them. Condoms don't just magically disappear after sex, and no one can go a whole 300 page novel without taking a shower or potty break. Again, I'm not suggesting pages filled with descriptions, but come on...  

There's times a character being sick or drunk is a huge part of the story and lends to the relationship between the characters. And there's times an author can make an embarrassing bodily function downright hilarious. 

I'd love to hear your thoughts about the unmentionable topic of unmentionables...LOL

TO FIND OUT WHAT MY FRIENDS HAD TO SAY VISIT~ 

Ann@Romancing the Readers

Kare@The Many Faces of Romance


UP NEXT~

Join us on 12February for a Theme Challenge.

Comments

  1. Unmentionables do make a story better! Gives you a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. One sentence to make things believable. We're humans, flaws and all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment