BCT-KID FRIENDLY


WELCOME BOOK LOVERS~

This week we are doing a themed conversation.  I always enjoy these because I like to see where myself and reading team members differ or match up.

I'll admit, I'm often the odd duck of the three of us, especially since I read much more than just romance. But that's okay. The three of all read and most importantly LOVE books.

But I've rambled on a bit and gone off topic. 

Time to focus... 

This week's theme is something we have touched on before. Kids in books.

For me, in general, I don't seek books with kids, but I won't turn a book away that I want to read if they are in there. However, if kids are in a book, there should be a reason- they should be a part of the plot, or have some sort of active role. 

A couple of the things that drive me CRAZY about kids in books is when the author mentions them only one or twice and forgets about them. Or if they are written poorly. Or... and I kid you not...the author writes something bone-headed like the heroine leaving her toddler ALONE in a bathtub(yes- there was water in the tub) while in the next room on the phone with the hero. ARGH! I have more to say, however I'll say it for our upcoming PET PEEVES theme coming in September.

On a positive note, there are several authors that score major points when writing about kids in their books. Both Susan Mallery and Nora Roberts consistently do a fabulous job.

To change gears a bit, I have to mention Judy Blume. Spot on for writing about kids. Loved her books as kid. In fact, as an adult, I've re-read a few of her (kid)books and they have stood the test of time.  




VISIT THE BCT TEAM~

Ann~Romancing the Readers

Karen~The Many Faces of Romance


UP NEXT~


AUGUST~

13TH: READING CHALLENGE
20TH: CHALLENGE GIVEAWAY(HOST CYNDI)
27TH: REVIEW




Comments