BCT~BITE ME







WELCOME READERS~






Thanks for stopping by this week, where we are back to another themed chat.

Bite Me: who would you want to bite you

I have to admit, that when we chose this theme, I was pretty excited. I thought to myself, "Ooh, I have so much to say!"

But as the days began to tick away closer and closer to my actually sitting down and blogging about it, I came up with the big goose egg. So I'm going to blog about this theme, but perhaps in a round about way as I usually tend to do. 

Many years ago, myself and my BFF (and of the BCT team members) Ann were sitting around and talking about this book:


Bride McTierney has had it with men. They're cheap, self-centered, and never love her for who she is. But though she prides herself on being independent, deep down she still yearns for a knight in shining armor. 

She just never expected her knight in shining armor to have a shiny coat of fur...

Deadly and tortured, Vane Kattalakis isn't what he seems. Most women lament that their boyfriends are dogs. In Bride's case, hers is a wolf. A Were-Hunter wolf. Wanted dead by his enemies, Vane isn't looking for a mate. But the Fates have marked Bride as his. Now he has three weeks to either convince Bride that the supernatural is real or he will spend the rest of his life neutered--something no self-respecting wolf can accept...

But how does a wolf convince a human to trust him with her life when his enemies are out to end his? In the world of the Were-Hunters, it really is dog-eat-dog. And only one alpha male can win.


I remember being totally pissed at Bride. You see, at one point in the book she has some pretty negative and horrifying thoughts towards Vane.  I hated her for that. And I went on and about being enlightened and said something like I would LOVE to have a paranormal man.

Ann stuck up for her, put me in my place, and said something to the effect of that any one of us would run screaming in the night if the paranormal existed or so much as even touched/kissed us. 

I don't remember much else about the conversation, except we each held firm on our opinion. 


I'm still at a loss as how to answer this themed question. It's not that easy.

And yes, perhaps you may think I'm more than a bit mad/crazy for where I'm about to take this...

I don't see myself as the heroine or any character when I read. 

Yes, I'm IN the book. 

But in the sense, I feel totally immersed, invested, in the world the author has created, yet still remembering it's fiction.

Now here's the mad part ... knowing it's fiction...I still feel like wanting someone to be my book boyfriend etc etc is disrespectful to the author's vision and the characters. 

And although I think, in a dreamy fantasy world, I could probably think of some archetypal paranormal creature that maybe I wouldn't mind having a bite from... 

I think after all these years (and it's because she usually is), Ann was right. I probably, in reality, would run screaming or at least shooting in the night, if any sort of paranormal showed up on my doorstep. I did say probably...and yes, I'm laughing.

HAPPY READING


VISIT THE BCT TEAM~


Ann@Romancing the Readers

Karen@The Many Faces of Romance

UP NEXT~


8TH: READING CHALLENGE
15TH: CHALLENGE GIVEAWAY(HOST:ANN)
22ND: NEW AUTHOR TO YOU
29TH REVIEW~ BURNED BY DARKNESS~ A. IVY




Comments