BOOK CLUB THURSDAY-CLEARING OFF THE BOOK SHELVES






WELCOME BOOK LOVERS









Thanks for joining us for our first post of 2016. We've got quite a few changes to Book Club Thursday this year (check out page at the top of my blog for more details). 

This week we are doing something called Clearing Off the Book Shelves-choosing a book already on our book shelves (published at least six months ago) from a pre-determined themed list. 

This month I chose:

Read a Historical Romance





His life is in her hands...

She's willing to be fearless for a price...but what if the cost is her heart?

A rescued rogue...

Scandal has rocked the city of London. Colin Eversea, a handsome, reckless unapologetic rogue is sentenced to hang for murder and, inconveniently for him, the only witness to the crime disappears. Then again, throughout history, the Everseas have always managed to cheat fate in style: Colin is snatched from the gallows by a beautiful, clever mercenary.

A captivating captor...

Cool-headed, daring Madeleine Greenway is immune to Colin's vaunted charm. Her mission is not to rescue Colin but to kidnap him, and to be paid handsomely for it. But when it becomes clear that whoever wants Colin alive wants Madeline dead, the two become uneasy allies in a deadly race for truth. Together, they'll face great danger—and a passion neither can resist.



There is both some really good stuff and some so-so in this HR. 
This series starter does lack some background information/ character information but there is growth which is pretty important to me in my books.  It's a tad bit cliched, but I didn't mind. Although there are quite a bit of threads with an out there   mystery, I was still riveted because the book is filled with adventure, and some pretty humorous parts/dialogue. Plus Madeline is a strong female which I loved. 

I also found the chemistry and relationship between Colin and Madeline to be balanced and believable. This is a well written HR. I'm happy I read it, and I'll continue with other books in the series (I think I have all but the last one).















And don't forget to join us next week, January 14 for our Free Day.

And stop by and visit with my Book Club Thursday Best Friends:






HAPPY READING





Comments