BOOK TOUR-MY RECKLESS VALENTINE-OLIVIA DADE



Title: My Reckless Valentine
Author: Olivia Dade
Release Date: January 19, 2016
Publisher: Lyrical Press
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Format: Ebook

Temptation From A To Z

Library manager Angie Burrowes is in trouble again. Her superiors have never approved of her unconventional methods, but the latest warning is serious—another complaint from the administration or a patron, and she’s fired. With a steamy Valentine’s Day contest to conceal and her career on the line, the last thing Angie needs is a near-accident while driving home. At least, until she meets the tall, dark, and sexy stranger responsible for her very own spicy plot twist...

Straight-laced Grant Peterson has only one thing on his mind: making a good impression as the new Director of Branch Services at the Nice County Public Library. On the eve of his first day, however, a lusty encounter with Angie unleashes a desire unlike any he’s ever known. Their tryst may be one for the record books, but when he learns he’s Angie’s new boss, will Grant need to check out on love?

 photo addtogoodreadssmall_zpsa2a6cf28.png photo B6096376-6C81-4465-8935-CE890C777EB9-1855-000001A1E900B890_zps5affbed6.jpgB&N292865-apple-ibooks-logo
       


While I was growing up, my mother kept a stack of books hidden in her closet. She told me I couldn’t read them. So, naturally, whenever she left me alone for any length of time, I took them out and flipped through them. Those books raised quite a few questions in my prepubescent brain. Namely: 1) Why were there so many pirates? 2) Did women really get kidnapped that often? 3) Where did all the throbbing come from? 4) What was a “manhood”?5) And why did the hero and heroine seem overcome by images of waves and fireworks every few pages, especially after an episode of mysterious throbbing in the hero’s manhood?

Thirty or so years later, I have a few answers. 1) Because my mom apparently fancied pirates at that time. Now she hoards romances involving cowboys and babies. If a book cover features a shirtless man in a Stetson cradling an infant, her ovaries basically explode and her credit card emerges. I have a similar reaction to romances involving spinsters, governesses, and librarians. 2) Yes, at least in romantic suspense novels. And it’s still gloriously dramatic.3) His manhood. Also, her womanhood. 4) It’s his “hard length,” sometimes compared in terms of rigidity to iron. I prefer to use other names for it in my own writing. However, I am not picky when it comes to descriptions of iron-hard lengths. At least in romances. 5) Because explaining how an orgasm feels can prove difficult. Or maybe the couples all had sex on New Year’s Eve at Cancun.

During those thirty years, I accomplished a few things. I graduated from Wake Forest University and earned my M.A. in American History from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. I worked at a variety of jobs that required me to bury my bawdiness and potty mouth under a demure exterior: costumed interpreter at Colonial Williamsburg, high school teacher, and librarian. But I always, always read romances. Funny, filthy, sweet—it didn’t matter. I loved them all.

Now I’m writing my own romances with the encouragement of my husband and daughter. I found a kick-ass agent: Jessica Alvarez from Bookends, LLC. I have my own stack of books in my closet that I’d rather my daughter not read, at least not for a few years. I can swear whenever I want, except around said daughter. And I get to spend all day writing about love and iron-hard lengths. So thank you, Mom, for perving so hard on pirates during my childhood. I owe you.  


FOLLOW THE TOUR

January 12
Books featured at Reading Addict
January 13
Books featured at E-Romance News
January 14
Books featured at 3 Partners in Shopping
January 15
Books featured at The Review From Here
January 18
Books featured at Extreme Bookaholics
January 19
Books featured at Literal Exposure
January 20
January 21
Books featured at I'm Shelf-ish
January 22
Nick of Time Reviewed at Natural Bri
January 25
Books featured at Deal Sharing Aunt
To Win Her Trust, Heartsong, My Reckless Valentine and Nick of Time Reviewed at Barely Blogging About Everything
January 26
My Reckless Valentine Featured at Born to Read Books
January 27
Heartson Reviewed at Room With Books
January 28
To Win Her Trust and My Reckless Valentine Reviewed at Lisa's Louisiana Home
January 29
Books featured at Ali the Dragon Slayer
February 1
Books featured at Harmonious Publicity
February 2
Books featured at Write and Take Flight
February 3
To Win Her Trust Reviewed at Book Briefs
February 4
Books featured at A Title Wave
February 5
To Win Her Trust, Heartsong, My Reckless Valentine and Nick of Time Reviewed at The Phantom Paragrapher
February 8
My Reckless Valentine Reviewed at Lynn's Romance Enthusiasm
February 9
Books featured at Voodoo Princess
February 10
Books featured at Bent Over Bookwords
February 11
Books featured at PUYB Virtual Book Club
February 12
Books featured at My Bookish Pleasures
Pump Up Your Book email
242

Comments