book club thursday- clearing off the book shelves




WELCOME BOOK LOVERS

Thanks for stopping by. My name is Cyndi and each week, myself and my two best book friends forever Ann and Karen jointly blog together on Book Club Thursday (BCT). To learn all about BCT please click here

If you're a regular reader, you are going to see some fresh changes to each of our BCT blogs for 2017. We are very excited and hope you will participate in our events. 

This week we have: 



This theme is pretty simple- we can read ANYTHING we want as long as the publication date is at least six months old. 

I got my nerd/geek on this week and pulled one of my graphic novels I've had for a long time: 











Five best friends spending the summer at Lumberjane scout camp...defeating yetis, three-eyed wolves, and giant falcons...what’s not to love?!

Friendship to the max! Jo, April, Mal, Molly and Ripley are five best pals determined to have an awesome summer together...and they’re not gonna let any insane quest or an array of supernatural critters get in their way! Not only is it the second title launching in our new BOOM! Box imprint but LUMBERJANES is one of those punk rock, love-everything-about-it stories that appeals to fans of basically all excellent things. It’s Buffy the Vampire Slayer meets Gravity Falls and features five butt-kicking, rad teenage girls wailing on monsters and solving a mystery with the whole world at stake. And with the talent of acclaimed cartoonist Noelle Stevenson, talented newcomer Grace Ellis writing, and Brooke Allen on art, this is going to be a spectacular series that you won’t want to miss. Collects Lumberjanes #1-#4.








Damn...


I'm sorry I waited so long to read this AND I am so happy I have the next volume! And...I did just order the ones I didn't own.

This is a brilliant comic. In fact, I have a new favorite saying(s) courtesy of the Lumberjanes "What the junk" (both with an exclamation point and question mark LOL).

The first four issues are included and I LOVE the way it is set up (partial "Lumberjanes" Field Manual prefacing each comic issue). The Lumberjanes are an imaginative take on a Girl Scout type troop. 

Although I wished for a pinch more in set up, it did not lessen my enjoyment (like I said- I ordered what I didn't own).

The art work is pretty cool -cartoon like and deceptively (not) simple- LOVE IT. I'm a total fan of the humor in here too. Very Adult Swm.

The five Lumberjanes (in training? lol) - teenagers Jo, April, Ripley, Mal and Mollyall are unique and pretty kick ass in their own way . And I'd be remiss if I mentioned their counselor Jen (love her!). 

There's also some creative name references in here and the whole collection smacks of girl power  and friendship. There are some spooky/supernatural things afoot here at camp and I can't wait too see how things evolve. 













Amazon | B & N  | Kobo | Publisher
























February 16th- Cover Talk 




Comments