book club thursday- clearing off the book shelves






WELCOME BOOK LOVERS


Thanks for stopping by. My name is Cyndi and each week, myself and my two best book friends forever Ann and Karen jointly blog together on Book Club Thursday (BCT). To learn all about BCT please click here

If you're a regular reader, you are going to see some fresh changes to each of our BCT blogs for 2017. We are very excited and hope you will participate in our events. 

This week we have: 




A simple theme. Each of us can read ANY book we want that we own as long it was published over six months ago. 

On a side note each of us challenged each other to get caught up on an author we are (way)behind on. Ironically though it was my idea, it has taken me FOREVER to pick my author. I actually changed my mind a few times, typical flighty behavior on my part as my BFF's know. 

However with this theme today, I've finally picked my author: 









Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father—the one responsible for ruining her mother's life. Then she's captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unholy partnership.
In exchange for finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She's amazed she doesn't end up as his dinner—are there actually good vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn't have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her newfound status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side . . . and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.






I'll admit I'm a book hog. 

Perhaps that not exactly what I meant...

What I mean to say is that I often collect every (well almost) book  an author has written but never read them...

I started collecting Ms. Frost's books back when they each were published with the thought... "Someday".

I finally decided to start reading them, and I won't admit how many I binged through (yeah -you get the idea about how much I liked them!) 

To simplify - Ms. Frost has three series set in this "Night" world- from what I can tell they are connected (that may give you an idea how far along I am) but not so completely that you couldn't just start a series anew (however because the books are just that damn good, I suggest you don't ...plus ... well ...yeah...you'll need to read to find out).

Suffice it to say that I love this world.  Cat and Bones are great and perfect for on another. Ms. Frost takes a fresh, interesting approach to the whole vampire "mythology".  

Although I'm not always a huge fan of first person POV, here it works.  Cat's a kick ass heroine in so many ways and I must admit to having a crush on both her and Bones (yeah, I can't believe to admitting that as I really don't say things like that about the characters in the books I read LOL).

Ms. Frost writes an action packed, fast paced novel and even reading several back to back I wasn't bored (okay I'll admit it now- I'm four books into the Night Huntress series) Not only that, the books blend together seamlessly but again don't skip around... 

There's sex and romance and plenty of snarky humor with a side of gore(doesn't bother me but faint of heart readers may be bothered) 

I'm so glad I'm finally catching up on these books. 








Read an Excerpt


































March 16th : Free Day 








Comments