book club thursday- free day



WELCOME BOOK LOVERS


Thanks for stopping by. My name is Cyndi and each week, myself and my two best book friends forever Ann and Karen jointly blog together on Book Club Thursday (BCT). To learn all about BCT please click here

If you're a regular reader, you are going to see some fresh changes to each of our BCT blogs for 2017. We are very excited and hope you will participate in our events. 

This week we have: 


I'm not liking Free Day this time around. 

Call it what you will but I really don't have much to say. 

I spent today (which is actually Wednesday) purging my over loaded book shelves and cloth bins of books. 

I won't divulge how many bags I filled but between the culling of books and organizing / updating my book shelves, I worked up a sweat relocating  the books to my basement (one flight of 9 stairs, one flight of 4 stairs and one flight of 13 stairs). It did take the better part of 5 hours before I was done. 

I'll freely admit to HOARDING books.  I have so many that I want to keep and just as many to give away. 

My goal by the end the Fall, is to have found homes for everything I don't want. Luckily, I have a few Goodwill type places and a few senior parks close to my home. Giving to used book stores is not really an option as there are none near me and I chose not to say anything (because it would not be nice) about a certain chain.  

So my questions are:

What do you do with books you no longer want? 

How long will keep a book (if it's not a 'keeper') before you get rid of it?

Seriously, I probably could stop buying books (like that would ever happen! LOL) and have enough til the end of days! 










Karen@The Many Faces of Romance






March 23rd: Reading Challenge 





Comments