book club thursday- review- the cottage at firefly lake- jen gilroy





WELCOME BOOK LOVERS


Thanks for stopping by. My name is Cyndi and each week, myself and my two best book friends forever Ann and Karen jointly blog together on Book Club Thursday (BCT). To learn all about BCT please click here

If you're a regular reader, you are going to see some fresh changes to each of our BCT blogs for 2017. We are very excited and hope you will participate in our events. 

This week we have: 


Our review week- the book was chosen by  Ann@Romancing the Readers









Some mistakes can never be fixed and some secrets never forgiven . . . but some loves can never be forgotten.

Charlotte Gibbs wants nothing more than to put the past behind her, once and for all. But now that she's back at Firefly Lake to sell her mother's cottage, the overwhelming flood of memories reminds her of what she's been missing. Sun-drenched days. Late-night kisses that still shake her to the core. The gentle breeze off the lake, the scent of pine in the air, and the promise of Sean's touch on her skin . . . True, she got her dream job traveling the world. But at what cost? 


Sean Carmichael still doesn't know why Charlie disappeared that summer, but after eighteen years, a divorce, and a teenage son he loves more than anything in the world, he's still not over her. All this time and her body still fits against his like a glove. She walked away once when he needed her the most. How can he convince her to stay now? 



I'm sorry. But...

Not a fan of this book, in particular Charlie (very much disliked her and just couldn't warm up to her). And although I did like Sean, I just felt he took on too much (make sense?)

Now from other reviews I read, I'm guessing perhaps maybe I should give this book another try because readers really liked it. And there isn't / wasn't anything wrong with the actual writing per se.

Perhaps it was because I wasn't feeling 100% when I read this? I just wasn't that vested in the story and at times was bored (dragged on). 

Although there was a thoughtful hand in the story lines of family and forgiveness, there were also things that I felt were not  realistic or believable even for fiction. 

There are dual story lines here: 

Charlie and Sean (more serious) 
Naomi and Ty (less and I actually liked this better - can't say why)

I'm very unsure if I'd try another book by Ms. Gilroy or just attempt to give this title another try (since I bought it). 


























April 6th - Remember When 




Comments