how to tame a beast in seven days- kerrelyn sparks- review








From the brilliant imagination of Kerrelyn Sparks comes a bold new fantasy romance series in which passion and magic collide. Behold the Embraced...
As one of the Embraced―one born with magical powers―the beautiful, innocent Luciana escaped certain death after her father hid her away on the Isle of Moon. Now, nineteen years later, her father has returned with a frightening request. He will be executed unless Luciana returns to the mainland and marries a man feared throughout the land: a terrifying brute known as the Beast.
Luciana accepts her fate and agrees to wed the Beast―Lord Leo―in order to save her father. Soon she learns that her betrothed is also one of the Embraced. With the ability to wield lightning, Leo’s immense power strikes fear into the hearts of men. . .and his mere touch can put an end to a woman’s life. But Luciana cannot deny the passion that burns between them. How can she resist the man who scorches her soul and makes her feel intoxicated with desire―even if surrendering to him could destroy them both?










First off, if I had set up my stars to go higher than five I would have given this book more. I LOVED it that much.


If you've read Ms. Sparks before you know what to expect. A fabulous fresh paranormal romance, filled with humor, heart and great characters. 

And How to Tame... fits the bill and then some! However rather than be contemporary in nature, this is a historicial. In fact, I felt the cover was a bit too modern looking (not to mention I didn't think the model did Leo justice -okay just in hair color- LOL). 


I was immediately enthralled with book. I found it hard to put down and less I gush even more, let's just say you need this book. 

As I mentioned above it's historical but doesn't feel overly so. Ms. Sparks has created a fresh new take on the paranormal.  All of the characters shine, in fact some of the secondary characters practically take over (in a good way!).

I read somewhere that novel had a Princess Bride movie feel to it, and I couldn't agree more. I'll even go further and it has a Mel Brooks vibe.  Again not bad things and this sense of hilarity to the novel is what I think made it so good. 

There was also such a sense of sweetness to the romance which brings me to the fact that I thought the heat level (i.e. sex scenes) were totally at odds with it. I don't mind sex in my books, and explicit does not phase me. It's just my opinion and in no way lessened my enjoyment of the book, but I'm just saying...


I can not wait for the next books in the series and hope Ms. Sparks plans to write many many more!













Comments