remember when






WELCOME BOOK LOVERS


Thanks for stopping by. My name is Cyndi and each week, myself and my two best book friends forever Ann and Karen jointly blog together on Book Club Thursday (BCT). To learn all about BCT please click here

If you're a regular reader, you are going to see some fresh changes to each of our BCT blogs for 2017. We are very excited and hope you will participate in our events. 


This week we have: 


Remember When themes allow each of us to blog about something from the past.

This week I recall: 

Remember When: 


You last stayed up all night reading.

Maybe it was to finish the book or read past a certain point.

I can't say the last time it was I actually stayed up all night reading. Yes, there have been some books that I didn't want to put down and perhaps kept me up past my normal bedtime...

But for today, I'm going to go back to the Summer of 1985.

My family had just moved to our new house and since school had yet to start, I had yet to make any human friends but I had plenty of book ones LOL!

After a recent trip to the library, I settled in to read a book suggested by my mother. 

That book kept me up until the wee hours of the morning. I could not go to sleep until I finished it. 

What was that book? 




I saw this title in the store the other day with several others. It looks like several of them received some gorgeous new covers. I was so tempted to re-visit my love for Mr. Sheldon's works!



THE MEMORIES OF MIDNIGHT START HERE!

Welcome to the dazzling and surprising novel of suspense from master storyteller Sidney Sheldon.
In Paris...Washington...and a fabulous villa in Greece, an innocent American girl becomes a bewildered, horror-stricken pawn in a game of vengeance and betrayal. She is Catherine Douglas, a woman caught in a web of four lives intertwined by passion as her handsome husband pursues an incredibly beautiful film star...and as Constantin Demiris, a legendary Greek tycoon, tightens the strands that control them all. 







Sadly, Mr. Sheldon passed away on 2007 but his works live on through the writings of author Tilly Bagshawe.   And I'm thinking maybe I should check out one of her books too since I haven't read her yet! 







I'd love to hear about the first or most recent book that kept you up night reading.

I'd also love to hear what your favorite book of Mr. Sheldon's is. Mine, to my recollection is Master of the Game. Now I really want to go back read some of his books after today's Remember When!







July 13th: Clearing Off the Book Shelves


Comments