free day on:








WELCOME BOOK LOVERS



My name is Cyndi and welcome to Book Club Thursday (BCT). Each Thursday me and my two best friends Ann and Karen blog about book related themes/topics/subjects. You can learn more about BCT by clicking here or visiting the links at the bottom of the page. 

If you're a regular reader, you are going to see some fresh changes to each of our BCT blogs for 2017. We are very excited and hope you will participate in our events. 

This week we have: 







I hate Free Days- you think being able to talk about  what ever we want as  long as it's book themed or related would be easy but it can be anything but that. Especially when you try hard not to phone it in, being repetitive on either your own or someone else's topic. 

I know I recently mentioned this topic but I'm revisiting it today in a way...

I mentioned books turned into movies or TV adaptations and I brought up Stephen King. Still haven't watched The Mist yet but my DVR has the whole series ready to go. Also, I have plans to go see IT next week - I'll be watching the clown parts with my eyes covered. 

Which brings me to the fact I can't wait for Tuesday and the release of: 








It's been a long time since I've read a book by Mr. King and I can't wait!



In this spectacular father/son collaboration, Stephen King and Owen King tell the highest of high-stakes stories: what might happen if women disappeared from the world of men?

In a future so real and near it might be now, something happens when women go to sleep: they become shrouded in a cocoon-like gauze. If they are awakened, if the gauze wrapping their bodies is disturbed or violated, the women become feral and spectacularly violent. And while they sleep they go to another place, a better place, where harmony prevails and conflict is rare.

One woman, the mysterious “Eve Black,” is immune to the blessing or curse of the sleeping disease. Is Eve a medical anomaly to be studied? Or is she a demon who must be slain? Abandoned, left to their increasingly primal urges, the men divide into warring factions, some wanting to kill Eve, some to save her. Others exploit the chaos to wreak their own vengeance on new enemies. All turn to violence in a suddenly all-male world.

Set in a small Appalachian town whose primary employer is a women’s prison, Sleeping Beauties is a wildly provocative, gloriously dramatic father-son collaboration that feels particularly urgent and relevant today.



















September 28th: Reading Challenge 




Comments