book club thursday- getting to know us















WELCOME BOOK LOVERS

My name is Cyndi and welcome to Book Club Thursday (BCT). Each Thursday me and my two best friends Ann and Karen blog about book related themes/topics/subjects. You can learn more about BCT by clicking here or visiting the links at the bottom of the page. 

If you're a regular reader, you are going to see some fresh changes to each of our BCT blogs for 2017. We are very excited and hope you will participate in our events. 

This week we have: 




This week Karen from The Many Faces of Romance took some time to answer some questions I put to her. She was good sport about it- take a look: 


ME: What is your feeling about turning books into movies or TV series/mini-series , whether big screen or made for TV? (not just romance either for this question and the below ones).

KAREN: Hollywood, etc has always and will always go to books for a story which has its pluses and minuses. There are so many good books out there, but when Directors and actors get involved, they add their own interpretations which may stray heavily from the author's (the creator!)original voice.


ME: Have you ever watched any when you haven't read the book? 

KAREN: I'm sure I have because I didn't know there was a book.

ME: Any hits or misses for you? That is any in particular with mentioning?

KAREN: I loved JAWS by Peter Benchley. I actually loved the movie more because they cut out an unnecessary subplot with the wife and her affair,IMO.


ME: If you've watched a movie ETC but never read the book did you want to seek out the book/ or did you read the book (titles/authors please)

KAREN: I have many times in the past, not so much now. I think I read books that I wish could be turned into movies more often.(provided a good cast and budget). But nine times out of ten, the book and my interpretation of the authors voice is better than a movie.




To check out the other Q & A's :












October 26th: Reading Challenge









Comments