book club thursday- clearing off the book shelves







WELCOME BOOK LOVERS





My name is Cyndi and welcome to Book Club Thursday (BCT). Each week, we (myself and my two BFF's Ann and Karen) blog about book related topics/themes etc. You learn more about BCT/us by clicking the tabs at the top or the links at the bottom of this post.  

This week we have our: 


We can each read any book we have as long as it's older than six months.

My pick:







Out of all the mysterious boarders who call Sanctuary home, no one is more antisocial or withdrawn than Maxis Drago. But then, it's hard to blend in with the modern world when you have a fifty foot wingspan.
Centuries ago, he was cursed by an enemy who swore to see him fall. An enemy who took everything from him and left him forever secluded.
But Fate is a bitch, with a wicked sense of humor. And when she throws old enemies together and threatens the wife he thought had died centuries ago, he comes back with a vengeance. Modern day New Orleans has become a battleground for the oldest of evils. And two dragons will hold the line, or go down in flames.



As you can see/tell I've been reading quite a bit of Ms Kenyon as of late.  So proud, especially with the length of Styxx, which I thought I would never read and put off  for what felt like forever.  But I'm stalling. 

It's not that I didn't like Dragonbane...I just didn't LOVE it. 

Maybe it was unfair and the fact that I read it too close to Son of No One. And maybe because my mind was on a secondary character too much (his story is next in Dragonmark). Which by the way, I will wait to read (I don't want it to be ruined for me). In fact, yet again many of the secondary characters shine here and appealed to me. 

But now back to Dragonbane.

It was well written and sometimes heartbreaking. The typical snarky/biting humor is still here though so don't worry. 

I liked Max as a hero better than Sera who kind of pissed me off.  I also felt like I was missing something (especially at the start) - but again maybe that was because I read so many of these back to back.  Odd to say that, as it should be the opposite, but I can't place my finger on it.  

I'd love to her your thoughts about this book or any of her others that are your favorites- NO SPOILERS! 
Amazon | B & N  | kobo

  









              Facebook  | Website | Youtube|Twitter


























November 16th: E-book GIVEAWAY 







Comments