saturday scoop















Welcome Book Lovers


That sounds so much better than book haters doesn't it!  LOL 

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my "scoop" (I'm all about the short sweet spoiler free style of reviewing) about a book I've read. 

I'd love to hear your thoughts or comments, if you have any, about this novel. I'd also love to hear about your favorite novel by this author (if there is/you have one). 











A groomsman and his last-minute guest are about to discover if a fake date can go the distance in this fun and flirty multicultural romance debut.

Agreeing to go to a wedding with a guy she gets stuck with in an elevator is something Alexa Monroe wouldn't normally do. But there's something about Drew Nichols that's too hard to resist.

On the eve of his ex's wedding festivities, Drew is minus a plus one. Until a power outage strands him with the perfect candidate for a fake girlfriend...

After Alexa and Drew have more fun than they ever thought possible, Drew has to fly back to Los Angeles and his job as a pediatric surgeon, and Alexa heads home to Berkeley, where she's the mayor's chief of staff. Too bad they can't stop thinking about the other... 

They're just two high-powered professionals on a collision course toward the long distance dating disaster of the century--or closing the gap between what they think they need and what they truly want...









First off, I almost passed on The Wedding Date. To be honest, I wasn't paying that close attention when I first heard about it and bypassed it. 


Then I kept seeing promos for it everywhere- okay so I'm exaggerating- and it finally caught my eye.  Once I really took a look, I couldn't wait to get my paws on a copy- I purposely left time/space on the release day so I could read the minute I got it. And there are so many reasons why you need this book!

This is what I love to call a "trifecta" book- the cover, title and plot all mesh/go together perfectly! A kind of what you see, is what you get sort of thing.  

I will say, that in a few instances I thought the writing was a tad rough around the edges but I just chalked that up to this being Ms Guillory's debut and this in no way lessened my enjoyment of the novel.

One of the best things about this novel and Ms Guillory's treatment of the plot and characters is the realistic and authentic feel, which is lacking many times in some of the romances I read. She doesn't shy away from things and that in and of itself was refreshing. It also made me think and opened my mind. It also made me HUNGRY (read it, you'll get my references LOL). 

The Wedding Date is witty and romantic and totally worth your time and dime(s)!


Oh, and below you'll find pre-order links for Ms Guillory's next novel featuring Drew's buddy Carlos! I can't wait for him to get what he deserves...love of course!  LOL




Amazon | B & N  | kobo



















PRE- ORDER NOW - It's out September 4th!




From the author of The Wedding Date comes a new novel about the perils of public proposals and the beauty of an unexpected second chance.

When Nik Paterson went to the Dodgers game with her C-list actor boyfriend, Ford, for his birthday, she expected nothing more than a few boring hours with him and his bros. She certainly didn't expect a Jumbotron proposal. Or her name to be misspelled. Or to go viral in minutes... 

Carlos Ibarra wants to hang out with his sister, catch a Dodgers game, and relax for once. But when a camera crew descends on Nik after the disastrous proposal, he has to rescue her. After they flee the stadium, he delivers her into the arms of her supportive girlfriends, and they both think they'll never see each other again. 

Fate has other plans. Nik and Carlos keep crossing paths, accidentally and on purpose. When they finally give in to their attraction to each other, they are on the same page: sex and nothing more. But the proposed friends-with-benefits relationship is turning into something more, and the pair have to decide if they have room in their lives for love.







Amazon | B & N  |  kobo








Comments