book club thursday - true confessions


















Welcome Readers


My name is Cyn and each week we (me and my BFF Ann from  Romancing the Readers) blog all about books and book related topics on something we call Book Club Thursday(BCT).  Learn more about me and BCT here

Our feature today is:









This week's theme is pretty simple we are each "confessing" about something related to books and or reading. 

I've sort of confessed to this before in prior blogs, so here I go again. 

My true confession:  

Although this publication still exists, if you can call it that (a publication that is) I am not a huge fan. In fact I pretty much hate it in this format. It's not even an e-zine set-up! 

I am talking about RT Book Reviews. 

My once upon a time go to "book bible" for insights , information and the like about books across many genres.   

I miss the old days when it was an actual monthly print magazine. Hell, I didn't even mind so much the e-zine format that was published at the same time because it was the MAGAZINE but in e-reader copy format. 

To be honest I could have accepted if the print copy was done away with if they had kept it for e-readers. I'd happily pay for a subscription. 

Instead, in my opinion, all there is now is a glorified website(if you can call it that) and they CHARGE you to look at certain content...BUT IT'S STILL JUST A WEBSITE! Granted it isn't that expensive...but still. 

Yes, it's a bit interactive and each Monday there are updates, but over all, it's still just a website, again IMHO. 

I did pay and try it out but when my current "subscription" runs out, I am not renewing. 

To be honest, since this new format, I have bought less books because I feel like I have missed out more on what is going on in the book world in terms of what is out there across ALL the genres.  

I'd pick up Publisher's Weekly as a replacement but  WTF that isn't cheap! 

I respect and understand that RT Book Reviews wanted to grow, change, reach a broadened/ and or/ different demographic etc etc (or cost issues/make more money ) but part of me feels cheated and left behind. Yes, I am well aware it's probably an age thing but still. 

I'd love to hear what your go to sources are for learning about upcoming books or what you think about both the old and new RT Book Reviews. 













To see what she's "confessing":








March 22nd: Reading Challenge






Comments