book club thursday - clearing off the book shelves










Welcome Readers

My name is Cyn and each week we (me and my BFF Ann from  Romancing the Readers) blog all about books and book related topics on something we call Book Club Thursday(BCT).  Learn more about me and BCT here



Our feature today is:


Simple - read & review any book we have owned longer than six months

I freely admit that I have not been reading too many of my older books. Shame on me. So yes, I scrambled for today's blog feature and kind of phoned it in... 

I chose to caught up on some of my comic books that I am (ahem) a year or more behind on, especially since I keep buying more!



I picked: 




That's the Belcher family from Bob's Burgers in case you didn't know!  LOL

I can't add much except to say the comics basically feature the same main/core characters from the show. 


I'm a HUGE Bob's Burgers fan. 

I have almost all the DVD sets, some apparel, mugs and the like. 

I watch the daily re-reruns, and have themed ringtones etc for my phone. 

So, yeah how did I let myself get so behind on the comics that were published.  

Although they are not exactly as smart/funny as the show, I still laughed more often than not.  

Since the artists and writers changed throughout the comic series, some are better than others. Just saying...

Depending on where you look to add or start your collection some of the prices are INSANE (single issues). 

But like most comics you can buy multi-issue trade editions. 


Here are some links for the trade editions:



Issues 1-4

Amazon






Issues 5-8 

Amazon

Dynamite Comics








Issues 9-12

Amazon

Dynamite Comics






Issues 13-16 

Amazon

Dynamite Comics










Check out what my BFF read





















June 28th

Reading Challenge





Comments