book club thursday -thursday rewind- golden oldie- welcome to temptation - jennifer crusie







Welcome Readers

My name is Cyn and each week we (me and my BFF Ann from  Romancing the Readers) blog all about books and book related topics on something we call Book Club Thursday(BCT).  Learn more about me and BCT here

Our feature today is:



Today we are revisiting(as in two sentences/cents reviews LOL) an old favorite:





Turn left at small town secrets...

Sophie Dempsey is content living a quiet life filming wedding videos until an assignment brings her to Temptation, Ohio. From the moment she drive into town, she gets a bad feeling; Sophie is from the wrong side of the tracks and everything in Temptation is a little too right. And when she has a run-in with the town's unnervingly sexy mayor, Phineas Tucker, making a little movie turns out to be more than a little dangerous.

Yield to oncoming desire...

All Sophie wants to do is film the video and head home. All Phin wants to do is play pool with the police chief and keep things peaceful. They both get more than they bargained for when Sophie's video causes an uproar and the proper citizens of Temptation set out to shut them down.

Welcome to temptation...

As event spiral out of control, Sophie and Phin find themselves caught in a web of gossip, blackmail, adultery, murder, and really excellent sex. All hell breaks loose in Temptation as Sophie and Phin fall deeper and deeper in trouble...and in love.

This will be short and sweet which is the point of these "Golden Oldie" posts. Plus, I did NOT go back and re-read or skim.   

This wasn't the first book I read by Ms Crusie, nor was it last. 

Sadly Ms Crusie hasn't published anything new in what feels like forever but I digress. 

I remember hearing about this book from Ann on our way to a book signing (yes it was for Ms Crusie but not this title).  And what she mentioned forever sticks in my mind as it coincided with a certain structure that was visible in the distance - that's probably what prompted her to say something too 🤣

What I recall most about this book  (other than what does in fact tie in to my above statement) was the strong characters. Ms Crusie writes fabulous real life ones. Plus the wit and banter is more akin to an old school style of movie than modern day yet it still works. I hope that made sense? 













Check out what my BFF thought of this Golden Oldie: 









June 21st 

Clearing Off the Book Shelves


Comments