saturday scoop - baby teeth - zoje stage










Welcome Book Lovers

That sounds so much better than book haters doesn't it!  LOL 

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my "scoop" (I'm all about the short sweet spoiler free style of reviewing) about a book I've read. 


I'd love to hear your thoughts or comments, if you have any, about this novel. I'd also love to hear about your favorite novel by this author (if there is/you have one). 


The book is out Tuesday- I just LOVED IT- hence the re-post! 








Suzette is unable to form a bond with her seven-year-old daughter, who cannot―or will not―speak. Ever since Hanna was a baby, she felt rejected by her. It’s as if the child hates her, leaving Suzette very frightened.
Alex wants to believe his wife’s accounts of their daughter’s cruel and unusual behavior, but he’s never seen anything but her love. Is Hanna just a naughty girl whose antics reveal intelligence, creativity, maybe even charm? Or is she actually trying to kill her mother?

A powerhouse, razor-sharp novel of psychological suspense from blazing new talent Zoje Stage, Baby Teeth raises more questions than it answers―and will leave you guessing until its shocking conclusion.






I normally would wait to closer to the pub date to post a review but...

OMFG

Talk about a genre bending novel. 

For me this works more like an old school horror novel. Oh, yeah! I'm a huge fan - think (yes as the cover states) The Omen or even Rosemary's Baby (style/tone not subject matter).

It's chilling yet also heartbreaking (yes, I did find some such moments) and that is why this novel is so freaking brilliant. 

Set time aside once you start it. 

Hanna...oh Miss Hanna...if she doesn't make the hair stand up on the back of your neck at least once...

Also I was impressed with the accuracy and thoughtful approach to Suzette's having Crohn's (a member of my family has it).  

For me, the ending could not have been more perfect and to say more would ruin things. 

I was happy to read that Ms Stage has sold another novel and I hope I don't have to wait long!

The biggest question???

#teamhanna OR #teamsuzette






PRE - ORDER- OUT 7/17




Do it! Trust me! 









Comments