Please Read??

I admit it.

I'm a bit obsessive compulsive.

When I decide to read a new book there are certain things I do. And I wonder if you do too.

For example:

Do you read the book's summary whether it is on the back or inner dust jacket?

How about if there's a teaser on that first page when you open the book?

Do you look in the back of the book to see if there's news about upcoming books or excerpts on the next one?

How about author bio info?

Or quotes from reviewers or celebs etc plugging the book?

How about dedications, acknowledgments or dear reader letters?

I have a secret to tell you.

 I read it all.

And I LOVE  it. 

Especially author dear reader letters and acknowledgments. Even if you don't agree with me I'd like to leave you with a final thought. If the author took the time to write us- the readers- a note then we should take a minute to read it, don't you think?

Comments