Excuse me, but is my age showing?


I never thought I'd say this... but age bothers me.

Okay maybe I should explain.

There was a time when I read my books, specifically romance novels for the purpose of this blog, that I wanted to know the age of the main/secondary characters in my books.  However, as I've...well...aged that has become a problem for me.

I totally understand that certain genres like Historical or Urban Fantasy usually have younger heroines. But what gets under my skin is that some authors write their characters, especially the women, with a much more mature voice and than the actual young age they give them. It's distracting and annoying sometimes to read about a character who thinks and acts older then the age they are given without the back story to support it.

I wish authors would leave an exact age out of it.  Just my humble (aged) opinion. 

Comments