BOOK CLUB THURSDAY: IT'S A NOLA THING

Ciao!

And welcome to another Book Club Thursday.

This week we are talking about New Orleans themed books.

I'm going to cheat a bit and mention two. The first book, because it's one of my favorite books by this author(and I can't say for certain it's exactly all pure NOLA- it's been a long time since I've read it but it was the first book that came to my mind when I thought about what I'd pick) and the second book because it's just so damn good (and kicks off the series).

So here we go:



ABOUT THE BOOK:

As wild and mysterious as the Louisiana swamp he called home, Lucky Doucet was a dangerously attractive Cajun no woman could handle.  His solitary life left no room for the likes of elegant Serena Sheridan, but Lucky couldn't deny her desperate need to find her missing grandfather.  He would help her, but nothing more—yet once he felt the lure of the flaxen-haired beauty, an adventurer like Lucky couldn't help playing with fire.

Serena felt unnerved, aroused, and excited by the ruggedly sensual renegade whose gaze burned her with its heat, but she did not dare tangle with a rebel whose intensity was overwhelming, who claimed his heart was off limits?  Deeper and deeper they traveled into the steamy bayou, until with one electrifying kiss her resistance melted into liquid desire.  And the devilish rogue found he'd do anything to make Serena Lucky's Lady.


AUTHOR LINK:

WEBSITE



ABOUT THE BOOK:

Dear Reader,

Being trapped in a bedroom with a woman is a grand thing. Being trapped in hundreds of bedrooms over two thousand years isn't. And being cursed into a book as a love-slave for eternity can ruin even a Spartan warrior's day.

As a love-slave, I know everything about women. How to touch them, how to savor them, and most of all, how to pleasure them. But when I was summoned to fulfill Grace Alexander's sexual fantasies, I found the first woman in history who saw me as a man with a tormented past. She alone bothered to take me out of the bedroom and onto the world. She taught me to love again.

But I was not born to love. I was cursed to walk eternity alone. As a general, I had long ago accepted my sentence. Yet now I have found Grace--the one thing my wounded heart cannot survive without. Sure, love can heal all wounds, but can it break a two-thousand-year-old curse?

Julian of Macedon


AUTHOR LINK:

WEBSITE



Both books are worth buying. The covers above are the original covers but the books have been reprinted many times over the years with new/updated covers.

I'd love to hear what your favorite NOLA books are, or if you have any comments about my own choices.

Check out what my best  friends picked by visiting: 

Ann@ Romancing the Readers

Karen@ The Many Faces of Romance

AND RETURN NEXT WEEK - THE GIVEAWAYS BEGIN!

IF YOU LIKE EACH OF FACEBOOK PAGES (named the same as our blogs or use the follow me icons) WE WILL BE GIVING HINTS ....









Comments

  1. I love the original covers. I have Lucky's brother Remy's book too, The Restless Heart. They are in my keeper bookcase.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment