BOOK CLUB THURSDAY: WHAT HAPPENS AT RT, STAYS AT RT

RT....

If you don't know what those two letters stand for, you are missing out!

Ciao! Welcome to this week's Book Club Thursday. Thanks for stopping by. 

So-  

RT = Romantic Times.

Now, don't let the Romantic throw you.  

So here's a few things:

RT Book Reviews is a monthly magazine that reviews, on average,close to 300 books in each issue. Yes, most of the books are in the romance genre but Mystery/Thriller/Sci-Fi/Gen Fiction also get a share. Personally, I wish they would add a Non-Fiction section too (biographies, cook books humorous essays etc) ...maybe someday.

But I've gone off topic. 

RT (or RT Con), can also refer to Romantic Times Convention. And that is actually what I'll be blogging about below.

Each year, in a different part of of USA, readers, authors, bookseller, librarians, publishers (you get the idea) convene for HUGE get together filled with parties, workshops, panels, and um... more parties. The cost for the (approx one week) get together might seem high, but the memories, friendships you'll make, and goodies (books books and more books)are well worth it. Plus there is a HUGE author book signing where you could score a book signed by one of your favorite authors.

Trust me, there are plenty of parties and chances to eat, drink and be merry - AND while you are doing that, there's nothing like turning to the person next to you and realizing it's an author you LOVE. Like when I sat next to Sharon Sala at a luncheon and didn't realize it was her until she stood and I actually saw her name badge! Or when I pulled the Wayne and Garth "We're not worthy" move on another author(Marjorie Liu) who laughed and promptly told me she was stealing the move to use on her own favorite author(another author I later used the move on  who laughed and asked if Marjorie got the move from me. LOL).

 Although RT Con is mostly women, each year more and more male authors and attendees are popping up. Oh, and did I mention the cover models...

Now I know by the title of this blog post you might be wondering....

I've embarrassed myself more than once by having total FAN GIRL reactions(see above), and I've paid for a dance( NOT THAT KIND .... LOL) with a cover model to raise money for charity but all in all I behave. 

That may change this year..... it's in New Orleans.

Up next week- It's A NOLA Thing ( New Orleans themed romances)

AND 

Check back because in the following weeks my friends and I will be giving away some SIGNED books and other goodies we'll bring back from RT Con. 

And don't forget to check out what my friends had to say this week by visiting:

Ann@Romancing the Readers

Karen@ The Many Faces of Romance

Comments

  1. I remember sitting next to Sharon Sala and talking to her through lunch! It was so cool! For me RT is always a great time with new and old friends. Each year it gets better and better. I think that's because the more times you go, the more comfortable you get. Everything is like a old hat. You know the rules and how to act. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a good time. And I hope both you have a great time this year! There are lots of good memories to be had and meeting so many of our favorite authors in one place!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment