BOOK CLUB THURSDAYS: IT'S A VAMP THING




Vampire. Dracula. Nosferatu. Vampyre. Bloodsucker.

Okay.

You get the hint. 

Today we are talking Vamps.

Welcome back to another Book Club Thursdays.

So, the question is, in your books, how do you like your vampires?

Traditional? Modernized? Hero/Heroine? Hybrid?

With the glut of paranormal books out there, many times you'll find at least one of the characters to be a vamp of some sort.

I'm good with how the author wants to develop their vamp(s). And i love it when they are the hero/heroine. Also fresh explanations and mythology around them can be fun and exciting to read. Throw in humor and sex and I'm sold! 

So how about it?

Do you prefer an old school vampire ( no sunshine, blood only, no reflection, mind control, bat turning, fear of crosses, etc) OR can your vamp handle some rays, still need blood  but can eat and or drink in limited amounts,etc)?

I'd love to hear your thoughts and hear about some of your favorite vampire themed books.

Ask me about my favorites and I'll share!

Happy Reading!

Return next Thursday-5Jun14 for another GIVEAWAY - featuring goodies from SUSAN MALLERY, including a signed copy of When We Met. Sorry but the contest is open to US Residents only.

And don't forget to check out what my best friends had to say about vampires by visiting:

ANN@ROMANCING THE READERS

KAREN@THE MANY FACES OF ROMANCE





Comments

  1. I like them all but the old fashion. Of course that's because I like romance and you need a somewhat likable character to read about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how there are so many different types now a days. There is really something for everyone and what they are in a mood for, whether dark and sensuous to comedy. I do like the more contemporary either way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? An old fashioned vampire/ vamp with traditional traits can't be likable? Oh I disagree. LOL And yes, vamps are placed in so many romance genres these days that it's easy to find one to suit your mood.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment