BOOK CLUB THURSDAY: IS PARANORMAL DEAD?







WELCOME READERS!





So with October and Halloween now arriving (my favorites all year), myself and my fellow bloggers are focusing on a month of the paranormal.





So the burning question is: IS PARANORMAL DEAD? 

This is something I know I, and at least one of my fellow bloggers have brought up before; we remember the days where it was impossible to find any paranormal themed romances.  I'm not talking horror, or Urban Fantasy because there is a HUGE difference (mostly the HEA or lack thereof and where the focus of the story lies).

So to answer the question:

My personal opinion is, as supported by what I see on the store
shelves, listed in what I call the book bible (RT BOOK REVIEWS Magazine<check it out by clicking here>), and in publishers previews....

YES with a BUT.

I have mixed feelings about this.  I have way too many print copy PR's squirreled away to care if the trend is slowing or over BUT somehow I still do. So  the YES - I see print PR's slowing way down especially from the major publishers/houses  BUT I know many authors have turned to self publishing or are going with e-book publishers and that's great. Although I admit  that  I'm a die hard print/hard copy in your hands type of reader (I prefer an actual tangible book).

I'd love to hear your thoughts and what PR's or Paranormal themed books you love, so drop me a comment.

What do my BFF's think? Find out now by visiting: 


ANN@ROMANCING THE READERS

KARE@THE MANY FACES OF ROMANCE


And return next week where even I don't know what I'll be blogging about.... you can be as surprised as I am  :) 

Comments

  1. It's like a fashion trend, it will all come around again. I too have a ton to read so by the time it comes around again I will be ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do see less in print, but still a ton of e books, particularly shifters. I agree it will never go away, it's a cycle. Romantic suspense is still down too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah it seems genres do trend. But again things always live on in ebooks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment