BOOK CLUB THURSDAY:HOLIDAY BOOK PREVIEW

Welcome back readers and thanks for stopping by.

This week we are chatting about holiday books- specifically one we are looking forward to reading.
I 'm just amazed how quickly the Holiday Season has started. Halloween is barely in our rearview mirror- in fact on Halloween, I started to see Holiday Commercials! And when I drive around, I can't believe the amount of Holiday Lights(LIT ONES) I see up in and out side of homes. I'm all for the season but maybe not quite yet....

The book I'm looking forward to reading this is a few years old. Somehow I missed it on my radar when it first came out which surprised me since I loved another Holiday book by this author.


ABOUT THE BOOK: 


Betty Kowalski isn't looking forward to the holidays. She just can't seem to find Christmas in her heart. There's church, of course. But who can she bake for these days? And who would care whether or not she pulled out the Christmas decorations?


Her new neighbor just adds to the problem. He's doing home improvements that don't appear to be improving much of anything. These days when Betty looks out the window, she sees a beat-up truck, a pile of junk, lots of blue tarps, and--horror of horrors--an old pink toilet.


But when a mangy dog appears at her doorstep, the stage is set for Betty to learn a very important lesson about what Christmas is all about. This contemporary Christmas story is a timely yet gentle reminder that God can work miracles through something as seemingly insignificant as a little brown dog.




I'm not a huge fan of (heavy) Inspirational Romances, however Ms. Carlson strikes a perfect balance in her storytelling- at least from her other novel I read- The Christmas Pony. And as I've mentioned in previous blogs, I LOVE books with dog/animal (active) characters. I can't wait to read this book and I'll post my review once I do; I don't start my Holiday Books until Thanksgiving- and it's been hard because I've really wanted to read this one now!


AUTHOR LINK



Curious as to what Holiday Books my BFF's blogged about?

Find out now by visiting:

Ann@Romancing the Readers

And check back on  20Nov14 for a Holiday Book GIVEAWAY


Comments

  1. I have some of her other books in the Christmas series. I need to start reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks interesting. I enjoy books with animals in them too. They can add a lot to a story.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment