BOOK CLUB THURSDAY~REVIEW~SLOW HAND~VICTORIA VANE



WELCOME BACK READERS!



This week we are back to doing a review~






ABOUT THE BOOK~

RED CARPET AWARDS- BEST CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE FINALIST
In rural Montana… Wade Knowlton is a hardworking lawyer who’s torn between his small-town Montana law practice and a struggling family ranch. He’s on the brink of exhaustion from trying to save everybody and everything, when gorgeous Nicole Powell walks into his office. She’s a damsel in distress and the breath of fresh air he needs.
Even the lawyers wear boots… Nicole Powell is a sassy Southern girl who has officially sworn off cowboys after a spate of bad seeds-until her father’s death sends her to Montana and into the arms of a man who seems too good to be true. Her instincts tell her to high tail it out of Montana, but she can’t resist a cowboy with a slow hand…




AUTHOR LINKS~


WEBSITE


FACEBOOK


TWITTER


PINTEREST



MY REVIEW~


I found this book to be well written, easy to read and engaging although I did feel it suffered a bit at the end. However that in no way dampened my enjoyment of the book. 

I liked the fact that the characters, especially Nicole, were real and authentic, despite the fact that sometimes Nicole seemed a bit too... stupid...naive...hard to like? But let's face it, she had a right to be a bit scatter-brained. Although I wished she had groveled a bit more with Wade after something happens. 

Wade...oh my. He is one sexy cowboy. Need I say more? 

I found myself laughing and touched by the book(I recently lost my own dad prior to reading this book).


Ms. Vane has written a book filled with real life; the good, the bad, and the ugly with real life flawed characters. 

I enjoyed the chemistry and dialogue between Wade and Nicole too. And I appreciated the fact that there was no real villain (man or woman) to complicate things. 

I look forward to reading the next book in this series.


FIND OUT WHAT MY BEST FRIENDS HAD TO SAY BY VISITING~


Ann@Romancing the Readers

Karen@The Many Faces of Romance


UP NEXT~

5MARCH15~ THEME~THE ANTI-HERO






Comments

  1. I enjoyed the book but though Wade at times crossed the line. He made some very poor decisions in his past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the story, but Wade could be selfish and hardheaded. Nicole was cheated out of a reunion, which colored her way of dealing with men.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment