BCT~READING CHALLENGE





WELCOME READERS~

It's that time again~

Reading Challenge time that it.








I must admit as we are winding down for the year, some of the challenges I have left have been more difficult for me, it's not that the books are have been harder to find exactly,it's just, I don't know. Yeah, that makes perfect sense right? Ha ha.  :) 

Okay then. Let's get down to it.

I apologize now because you may think I loosely did this Challenge. Sounds much nicer in my head than saying I phoned it in. 


7. A book with poor reviews in RT Book Reviews or Goodreads (if u use Goodreads most of the reviews should be bad or RT like two stars)


So, I had a HELL of a time finding something that interested me and had overall crappy reviews. Except then I had a brainstorm... 

I remembered all of the chatter about a very certain type of book that had suddenly popped up. A genre that was looked at with, shall I say equal parts shock, eye rolls, laughter and well a pinch of curiosity. At least that's the way I felt about them.

I'm talking about "Monster Erotica" or more specifically "Dino Erotica".

And many of the reviews for these types of books are generally poor (and with good reason in the case of the one I chose). 


THE BOOK~


Drin is her tribe’s chief huntress; she lives for the thrill of the hunt. Men and sex hold no allure for her, as Drin has never found a partner to satisfy her. When a T-Rex descends upon her village, destroying it, Drin demands that the tribe’s hunters go in search of the beast and slaughter it. Opting for safety instead of revenge, the tribe moves to a new location, hoping that the big beast won’t follow them. 

It does. 

Drin taunts the beast, giving her tribes mates time to flee. As she runs, leading it through a gauntlet of traps, the thrill of the hunt soars through her blood, leaving her wet with desire. When the angry T-Rex corners the huntress in a box canyon, it seems more interested in her wet womanhood than in her flesh. 




MY TWO CENTS~

This book was very very short (roughly 6,000 word). Call it a short story, because I don't even think calling it a Novella is fair.

It's written pretty awkwardly. Plus please- look at the cover! Blue jeans, a gold bikini top, Vogue cover worthy make-up and hair? Snort. She's a CAVE WOMAN.

Drin speaks perfect English, while caveman Grul, basically grunts and speaks poorly. Okay, so maybe that isn't so far-fetched from real life!  Kidding, of course~  Ha ha

HOWEVER...

I really liked Drin. Why?

She's smart and tough. And uses her encounter with the T-Rex (as laughable as I found it) to empower her. At least that was my takeaway.

So, my interest in the Genre has been filled, and I can honestly say I don't think you'll find me reading another book of this kind.

I'd also like to mention that this is my turn to do the GIVEAWAY.  I hope despite my choice, you enter (hey what better way to try the genre out- FREE). Good luck and Happy Reading. 


VISIT THE BCT TEAM~

Ann@Romancing the Readers

Karen@The Many Faces of Romance


UP NEXT~

August~

20TH: CHALLENGE GIVEAWAY(HOST CYNDI)


27TH: REVIEW~Any Anthology 



Comments