BOOK CLUB THURSDAY -CLEARING OFF THE BOOK SHELVES




WELCOME BOOK LOVERS


Thanks for stopping by Book Club Thursday (BCT) this week for our theme. As always you can learn more about us(my best friends and your BCT Bloggers) by visiting the Pages at the top of my Blog.

This week we are:





This simply means we are picking a book off our (extremely overloaded, I'm surprised the shelves haven't crashed through the floor under the weight) shelves to read/review. The list was predetermined and the book must be at least six months old(again, more details on the Page at the of my Blog).

My choice: SHIFTERS





Emma Gavin writes bestselling novels about werewolves, but that doesn't mean she believes in them -- and she certainly doesn't think she'll meet one. But that's exactly what happens when her books catch the attention of a rich and powerful pack of Manhattan Weres, who have kept their existence hidden for centuries. Alarmed by the accuracy of her novels, they're determined to find out if a renegade is acting as her informant.

Aidan Wallace, the pack leader's son and heir, knows he's the wolf for the job, but when he gets close to Emma, they are both surprised by an attraction too strong to deny. To surrender to it, Aidan will have to risk everything--- including the security of the pack he's sworn to protect..



Many moons ago(ha ha), say back in 2011(pub date of this book) I picked it up to read but didn't get far-like maybe a chapter in- and I have no idea why I put the book aside except I can be flighty like that when I read. So even though I didn't read it, I continued to buy (and again, not read) the next few books in this series. Recently when I was going through all my books,I came across them and put them aside to read because the covers are so FUN and I really was interested in reading them.

I'm really glad I picked it up. Although there was really nothing new or fresh really concerning Shifters there was a sense of fun. There's plenty of wit in the mix too. The book  moved along at a good pace, but I thought once or twice there were some awkward sentences. Certainly not enough though to stop me for reading the rest (and I did finish ordering what I didn't have) of the series.

Both Aidan, a yummy Alpha with a huge...heart and Emma, an imaginative and brave writer  are perfect for each other. He's perfectly imperfect and it's clear from the get-go he is falling for Emma. Emma, who learns fast that the Shifter world she has written about is oh-so-real, gets over being afraid pretty fast.

Aidan and Emma practically spend the whole book together, and it takes place over a very short period of time, but I wasn't bored once. This was a sexy witty book and I can't wait to read them all.

There are plenty of great scenes in this book and I'm glad that two of the characters have their own stories in the next two books: Nadia's up next in a novella, then Roarke in the follow up novel.


Read an excerpt




Thanks again for joining us. As always, we'd love to hear what you have to say about anything books- the books you are reading, what we've read. We'd also love it if you read along with us on BCT- our schedule of (events so to speak) can be found on the BCT Page at the top of my Blog. 








March 10th: Free Day





Comments