BOOK CLUB - READING CHALLENGE 2016



WELCOME BOOK LOVERS TO BOOK CLUB THURSDAY(BCT)



Sorry this was a day late...

I hope everyone is well and reading something they are enjoying!






This week was our (me and my best friends/your BCT Bloggers) Reading Challenge (check out the BCT Tab at the top of my blog to learn more).

Basically we each had to pick a book that fit the theme of a pre-picked list.

My pick:


Read a Book With a Heroine that Has Your Name





(most people call me Cyn rather than Cyndi so...yes I cheated some!)

When Opposites Attract. . . 

Bruce Kelly has spent most of his life helping people who are down on their luck, guiding them toward making better lives. Compassionate and kind, Bruce understands that everyone makes mistakes, even if he's never actually done anything but color inside the lines. Nobody's perfect, but Bruce is about to meet a woman who's perfect for him. He's determined to show her that he can be trusted. And if that means proving it by being the absolute gentleman at all times, then so be it. No matter how many cold showers it takes. . . 

Just Get Out Of The Way ...

Cyn Potter is a survivor, with a sassy, gallows wit and a fierce independent streak to show for it. She's used to men wanting only one thing, and this girl is no longer taking applications from big bad wolves in sheep's clothing, thank you very much, drive through please and keep on going. But Bruce Kelly is actually different. Totally hands off. Sometimes she can see a hint of fire when he looks at her, but the guy treats her with the respect she's always wanted. Maybe too much respect, because truthfully? The guy is fine. Worth taking down a few defenses for. . .and a few other things. And maybe somebody needs to help Bruce start over and discover just how perfect being imperfect can be. . 


This is an older work of Ms. Foster's. And perhaps I'm in the minority when I say this, but I prefer her older works and style of writing compared to her more current novels. I'll admit, that prior to picking this book for the challenge (other than some of her "animal themed" novellas) I stopped reading her. 

So I was really really glad I dug this book out and read it. 

I kind of liked the "bad girl"/ "nice guy" story line too. Cyn's had shitty hard life and wants a fresh start (reforming herself and fair warning, she was a hooker). Bruce is sweet gentle...PREACHER.  

But don't let that stop you- he is a charming hero and how he feels about Cyn...yeah...SIGH...

There's humor with this somewhat deeper/darker story line with a sidecar of light suspense.

I'm kicking myself for not reading it sooner and now I want to go pull all the (older) books I've packed away by Ms. Foster. 

















MAY 3RD: CLEARING OFF THE BOOK SHELVES








Comments