BOOK CLUB THURSDAY-READING CHALLENGE






WELCOME BOOK LOVERS



Thanks for stopping by this week for our Book Club Thursday(BCT). 

The our is myself and two best friends Ann  and  Karen(your BCT Bloggers). You can learn all about us by visiting the BCT page at the top of my blog. And don't forget to read what they had to say this week by checking out their blogs (links at the bottom).

I've been taking a break from BCT but I'm back this week for 








In a nutshell I read/reviewed a book for a pre-selected list of themes. You can lean more by visiting the BCT page at the top of my blog.

My Reading Challenge pick for this month was: 




READ A FEEL GOOD BOOK 





Take one abrasive professional athlete, a quirky out-of-work schoolteacher, and an overweight geriatric dog, and you're ready for a lesson in love...Tippy style.
Pro baseball pitcher Cal Crawford is not a dog guy. When he inherits his deceased mother's elderly dog, Tippy, he's quick to call on a pet-sitting service.
Gina isn't thrilled to be a dog sitter when her aspirations lie in the classroom. Furthermore, she can't abide the unfriendly Cal, a man with all the charm of a wet towel. But with no other prospects and a deep love for all things canine, she takes the job caring for Tippy.
As Gina travels through Cal's world with Tippy in tow, she begins to see Cal in a different light. Gina longs to show Cal the God-given blessings in his life that have nothing to do with baseball or fame. When her longing blooms into attraction, Gina does her best to suppress it. But Cal is falling in love with her too...
Discover the charming story of Tippy, the dog who brought a family together.




I've never read Ms. Mentink before and I wasn't that far into this novel before I went and ordered the next two in the series(2nd one just came out and the 3rd a pre-order for early 2017).

For me, the feel good book challenge equaled a book that comforted me, made me think,smile and blink away some (happy/touched)tears. Sit Stay Love was all of those things and so much more.

Both Cal and Gina are mostly well-developed(I wished for a tad more) and authentic. There are things that happen that gave me pause but they are realistic, life events/moments. Ms. Mentink handles these situations smartly and  most important (again)realistically. 

This was a heart-warming,funny and inspiring (but not preachy) book. And yes, Tippy steals the show and she made me miss my own dog(s).



















4TH AUGUST: CLEARING OFF THE BOOK SHELVES









Comments