BOOK CLUB THURSDAY-CLEARING OFF THE BOOK SHELVES








WELCOME BOOK LOVERS


My name is Cyndi and I'd like to thank you for stopping by for another round of book talk on Book Club Thursday (BCT).

Each week myself and two best friends (Ann and Karen) blog all about books or book related themes. To learn more about each of us and BCT please take a peek at the page tab at the top of my blog.

This week's theme is: 







So- what is "Clearing Off the Book Shelves"?

I'll tell you- in a nutshell each of us must read a book (published at least six months ago) from a pre-determined list. Since I was a bad participant this year with many of these posts from not keeping track to plain missing out, I have no clue if my choice for this month was something I have already picked. I'd post the list but again, it would not be necessarily be accurate.

But I did pick:  Read a Contemporary Romance





Some languages need no interpretation 

Ellie Peters has a great apartment, a cool job as a UN interpreter, and a terrific dog. Now all she needs is the right guy to share it with and life will be perfect. But everything she's worked for is threatened the day her obsessive-compulsive, disinfectant-loving mother announces she's divorcing Ellie's father and moving in with her! And to add insult to injury, Ellie's just learned that her ex-fiance, Michael, has become her new boss!

Michael Deavers remembers all too well the sparks that flew between him and Ellie. He'd love to rekindle what they once had, but he learned from their brief engagement that he's just not a commitment kind of guy. Though with Ellie once again under his nose, it's hard to remember why he ever had cold feet.

Now Ellie is desperate to get Michael out of her head, her mother out of her hair and her life out of the gutter…but old flames die hard, and this interpreter hasn't counted on the language of love.





There are some great things in this book-if you've read Ms. Criswell before you know what I mean- the especially the humor, sense of family, and Italian Heritage themes.

Body Language still has those things. In fact for the most part, I really liked this book....BUT....

I HATED, and I mean HATED the hero Michael.  Rare, because it's usually the heroines in books I take issue with sometimes.

Maybe it is because I was totally put off/ turned off by his re-entry into Ellie's life (this is a second chance romance). I almost quit reading the book because of him and he soured me (on him) for the whole book (too little to late?)

Now I loved Ellie, her bull dog Barnaby, and Ellie's mother Rosemary. There are some hilarious and heart warming interactions involving the three.

I also enjoyed the quotes that kicked off the start of each chapter.

Overall I was happy but let down with this novel.







Sadly I could not find anything current as far as links or information to post about this author. I believe she is no longer writing at this time.




I'd love to hear your thoughts if you've read it or your thoughts about any other of Ms. Criswell's books. Actually if you can find The Trouble with Mary, BUY IT!-It's so good! here I'll help:













NOVEMBER 10TH: FREE DAY 






Comments