review day








 REVIEW DAY 








WELCOME BOOK LOVERS


Thanks for stopping by. My name is Cyndi and each week, myself and my two best book friends forever Ann and Karen jointly blog together on Book Club Thursday (BCT). To learn all about BCT please click here

If you're a regular reader, you are going to see some fresh changes to each of our BCT blogs for 2017. We are very excited and hope you will participate in our events. 



This week we have:




Today we are all reviewing the same book as chosen by Karen from The Many Faces of Romance . My thoughts are below but don't forget to visit my friends to see what they had to say!












You can't buy love...but you can rescue it.
With her no-kill animal shelter at risk of losing funding, Megan Anderson is working doggedly to save the animals in her care. She'll do anything for them―even go toe-to-toe with a handsome man who's in way over his head.
Craig Williams has had his share of heartache recently, and he's not in the mood to get the guilt trip from a spirited (and beautiful) animal shelter owner. But the more time they spend together, the more he realizes it's not just animals Megan is adept at saving―she could be the one to rescue his heart.
Soon, Craig and Megan find that the magic of unconditional love can do anything...even lead to their forever home.






I wish I liked this book...

I was so excited when I first learned about it - in fact my copy is an ARC that was sent to me by the publisher many many moons ago...

To be perfectly honest I love the idea of the book. And the cover...Yeah I'm a huge sucker for books with dogs. 

But when I tried to read it the first time, I couldn't get into it. Now that happens sometimes with me. In fact two of my last three Book Club Thursday posts dealt with that exact theme and when Karen picked this for our review I was thrilled, figuring I'd try again. 

Sadly I didn't have any better luck. I wasn't a huge fan of the story telling style and I must admit I gave up about a 1/3 of the way through. Sorry for taking the easy way but again, I just wasn't feeling it. 

I see that there are positive reviews of this book and maybe the third time will be the charm for me. Yes, I've gone back for three strikes with some titles. Not often. However the times I have resulted in a mix (about 50/50).

I'd love to hear your thoughts about this title and if I should give it a try sooner rather than later.  





Amazon | B & N  | Kobo






























September 7th : Remember When 





Comments