book club thursday~reading challenge












WELCOME BOOK LOVERS




My name is Cyndi and welcome to Book Club Thursday (BCT). Each Thursday me and my two best friends Ann and Karen blog about book related themes/topics/subjects. You can learn more about BCT by clicking here or visiting the links at the bottom of the page. 

If you're a regular reader, you are going to see some fresh changes to each of our BCT blogs for 2017. We are very excited and hope you will participate in our events. 

This week we have: 



Simply put, these weeks consist of reading a book that fits a "challenge" from one of our lists. 

This month, I picked from the tricky list. 






TRICKY

Read a book published before 2010
Read a book with a wedding
Read a book published in the month (not year) you were born
Working Girls  
Read a book set in your home state
Read a book that includes nature on the cover
Read a book with a cover that you really don’t like (ugly)
Read a book you once gave up on
Read a book with a clever title
Read a book that takes place in Winter
Read a book with a food item on the cover
Read a book that includes a Holiday
Read a book set in/around New Orleans
Read a book with a “Food” word in the title
Read a book with a seasonal word in the title


* denotes previously done
*denotes done this week 








His name is Cadegan. Centuries ago, he was viciously betrayed by the only person he'd ever trusted and was cast into an immortal prison. Forced against his will to do good, he hates everything in life. All he wants is a way out. But then he meets a woman who shakes him to the core...

SON OF NO ONE

Josette has been down on her luck, but she has made an unstable peace with the beast by taking a job photographing a local paranormal group. The only paranormal thing Josette believes in is the miracle that keeps her rusted-out hoopty running...until she meets Cadegan. Is he for real? Cadegan can't help but wonder the same about her: The last time he felt this way about a woman, it cost him everything. He knows he has to stay away from Josette-for his own good, as well as hers-but the unleashed demon is hell-bent on consuming her soul. If one more innocent is taken, Cadegan's fate will make his current hell look like paradise. But how can he keep Josette safe when just being with her is the greatest threat of all?















I'm cheating a tad here. 

Part of this book has New Orleans as a setting. 
But hey, what can I say?  LOL

Recently I read and reviewed Styxx (also by Ms Kenyon) for BCT.  And although I enjoyed it, it really was depressing. 

And I read Son of No One immediately after, so I can't be sure if I'm unfairly comparing the two per se...

First off, I LOVED Son of No One. In fact, it very well might be my favorite novel by her. 

I loved both Cadegan and Josette as independent characters and as a couple. 

I really enjoyed the concept of this novel too. 

There is also a secondary character here that  I fell in love with and I was happy to learn a future book is his. In fact one of my favorite moments in the book are actually between him and Josette. 

Son of No One was very fast paced and filled with humorous moments, but again perhaps if felt so well done due to Styxx being so dark, and again my reading them back to back.

Don't let shorter page count(about 300 pages, larger print and spacing) full you either- there is plenty going on and perhaps more questions than answers here. 

I will admit to then reading the next book in the series and ordering the one after (the one I really can't wait to read).

I'd love to her your thoughts about this book, any others or your favorite book/moment in a Kenyon novel!

And don't forget to visit the other members of the BCT team to see what they read and reviewed. 






      Facebook  | Website | Youtube|Twitter





























November 2nd: Remember When 






















Comments