book club thursday - getting to know us- spotlight on








Welcome Readers


My name is Cyn and each week we (me and my BFF Ann from  Romancing the Readers) blog all about books and book related topics on something we call Book Club Thursday(BCT). Learn more about me and BCT here

Our feature today is:





We are talking about:


Bad Editing:Notice or not?



This seemed like such an easy topic to blog about when it was first suggested by Ann. 

Then sat down to write about it and I found that it, at least for me, wasn't so cut and dried. 

I think at least for me it depends. 

Sometimes when I notice an error, whether it's grammar, facts, time-line, details or the like I move on.  Other times...I just can't. And then I feel like I begin to nit pick or search out the inconsistencies. 

And to be honest, it's not just the small press or self published authors. OOPS moments can and have happened to big name authors too. I am not naming any books or authors out of respect.

I will admit though I have stopped reading a book(s) due to bad editing. 

I would like to know your feelings about this topic: 

Will bad editing make you put a book down and how quickly? 

Have you ever finished a book, over looking the bad editing, because it still for some reason held your interest? 


Comment below please and don't forget to check in with my BFF.












January 11th:

Thursday Rewind: Remember When



Please join us for our Reading Challenge on the 25th. You can read ANY book that fits a challenge from  this list:


Read a book published before 2010
Read a book published in the month (not year) you were born
Read a book set in your home state
Read a book with a cover you don’t like
Read a book you once gave up on
Read a book with a clever title
Read a new to you author
Start a new series
Read a hardcover
Read a trade
Read a “small-town” romance
Read a book with a favorite trope
Read a historical set anywhere but the USA
Read a book you keep meaning to read
Read a book that taught you something
Read a Trifecta book (sounds, cover, title must all be same theme)


Anger Management (a book that PISSED you off at some point)
Anything Goes (read ANYTHING you want)
Just Because (you read this “just because”…state the reason)
Bird- Beast – Fish (atypical animals are part of the story)
Land-Sea-Sky (features bodies of water, mountains, planes etc)
Double Dip (can re- do any challenge)
An Apple a Day (medical main character(s))
Recommend By (say who / what )
I Tried, But… (one you couldn’t finish and why)
Second Chances (an author you are giving a “second” chance to)
Hot for Teacher (main character(s)is a teacher)
Read a historical set in the USA
The Great Outdoors (main character(s) work outdoors)
AKA (author with a pseudonym)
BOO! ( book with a ghost)
Survivors (books with hard subject matter)







Comments