book club thursday - joint review - one and only - jenny holiday














Welcome Readers

My name is Cyn and each week we (me and my BFF Ann from  Romancing the Readers) blog all about books and book related topics on something we call Book Club Thursday(BCT).  Learn more about me and BCT here

Our feature today is:






This week we are both reviewing:








Miss Responsibility meets Mr. Reckless


With her bridezilla friend on a DIY project rampage, bridesmaid Jane Denning will do anything to escape - even if it means babysitting the groom's troublemaker brother before the wedding. It should be a piece of cake, except the "cake" is a sarcastic former soldier who is 100% wicked hotness and absolutely off-limits.

Cameron MacKinnon is ready to let loose after returning from his deployment. But first he'll have to sweet talk the ultra-responsible Jane into taking a walk on the wild side. Turns out, riling her up is the best time he's had in years. But what happens when the fun and games start to turn into something real?




I've been away from reading romance for quite a bit so perhaps my review is less than fair per se.

This book hit some high notes for me but it also hit some low ones too. 

I did think it was cute/sweet but maybe too much so. 

One of pet peeves is here too: the cover not accurately depicting Jane (and that is a plot point and not just a little one).

While I enjoyed the real and authentic feel to the romance and story line, I did feel Jane was bit too judgmental at times and Cam's issues of low less esteem were way overdone (could have used a lighter touch).

I'm mixed about whether I'll read on. 











Check out my BFF's thoughts





June 7th

Getting to Know Us: Speed Round 



Comments