book club thursday- reading challenge









Welcome Readers

My name is Cyn and each week we (me and my BFF Ann from  Romancing the Readers) blog all about books and book related topics on something we call Book Club Thursday(BCT).  Learn more about me and BCT here





Our feature today is:




These are review weeks- we read and review a book that fits one of the "challenges" listed below.





Read a book published before 2010
Read a book published in the month (not year) you were born
Read a book set in your home state
Read a book with a cover you don’t like
Read a book you once gave up on
Read a book with a clever title
Read a new to you author
Start a new series
Read a hardcover
Read a trade
Read a “small-town” romance
Read a book with a favorite trope
Read a historical set anywhere but the USA
Read a book you keep meaning to read
Read a book that taught you something
Read a Trifecta book (sounds, cover, title must all be same theme)


Anger Management (a book that PISSED you off at some point)
Anything Goes (read ANYTHING you want)
Just Because (you read this “just because”…state the reason)
Bird- Beast – Fish (atypical animals are part of the story)
Land-Sea-Sky (features bodies of water, mountains, planes etc)
Double Dip (can re- do any challenge)
An Apple a Day (medical main character(s))
Recommend By (say who / what )
I Tried, But… (one you couldn’t finish and why)
Second Chances (an author you are giving a “second” chance to)
Hot for Teacher (main character(s)is a teacher)
Read a historical set in the USA
The Great Outdoors (main character(s) work outdoors)
AKA (author with a pseudonym)
BOO! ( book with a ghost)
Survivors (books with hard subject matter)


* completed challenges 




This time I picked: 


Just Because


This SMOKING HOT book popped up on my Facebook feed and it caught my eye! It's a new ebook novella and purchases go for a great cause 

I also just featured this on my Sexy Sunday post. 









It’ll take a wild storm for the princess of Buckhorn, Kentucky, to catch the new sheriff’s eye—and heart—in this scorching new Buckhorn novella…

Kady Kaspar’s sights have been set on Tucker Turley for far too long—and she’s tired of waiting for Buckhorn’s handsome sheriff to notice her. When a heavy storm brings them together, it’s about time to test the waters and see if the intense attraction she feels goes both ways. Because if it does, he’s about to learn how stubborn she can be…

Of all the things Tucker expected to deal with when the rain started to pour, a litter of stranded puppies and spitfire Kady, who’s determined to seduce him, sure didn’t make the list. Yet there he is, bachelor pad overflowing with furballs and Kady in his bedroom. He’s wanted her for years, but given her family’s prestige, he needs to know that she’s serious before he makes any further moves…but will his caution cost him everything?





I have not read a book by Ms Foster in a very long time. 

I know, shame shame. 

Especially since I kicked myself once I read Tucker, wondering why I let that happen. 

Yes, at least for me, Ms Foster's books all have a very common/similar feel to them- but that's a good thing. More like an old friend feel if that makes sense. 

And despite not having kept up with the Buckhorn series, I didn't feel like I really missed anything here- except, yeah, now I want to go and dig out all of the other books I own and get to 'em!  LOL

I found Tucker to be a nice way to spend my afternoon. It was well developed despite the light page count (about 80 pages).

It was also witty and steamy(but not too) and totally romantic. Plus it had puppies!  





















And to find out what challenge my BFF tackled: 














July 5th 

Getting to know us: Cliffhangers








Comments