book club thursday- getting to know us- spotlight on: cliffhangers










Welcome Readers

My name is Cyn and each week we (me and my BFF Ann from  Romancing the Readers) blog all about books and book related topics on something we call Book Club Thursday(BCT).  Learn more about me and BCT here





Our feature today is:



Today myself and my BFF (check in with her below) are talking about Cliffhangers.

I'm not talking about the Sly Stallone movie or the TV Series; and yes I have just totally dated myself!  LOL ( check them out here: The Movie The TV Series

But rather about cliffhangers in books.

I've gone off topic - kind of...

When the TV series came out in the late 70's it featured three story lines told over an approx 10 episode ARC. Each of the three stories featured each week ended...you guessed it on a Cliffhanger. Only one of three actually wrapped up before the show was cancelled.  

But my long winded point was this: I knew that each week I could tune in and only have to wait (about a week) for some sort of resolution. 

Cliffhangers can work...but in my opinion- in the case of novels- only if the payoff comes fairly quickly. 

Leaving a loose thread, even if it's minor can be just annoying. 

I don't mind loose threads or cliffhangers if I know the next novel is coming out within six months (or less). Anything longer than that, mostly truth be told - 

I'll either not care or have forgotten and thus not care  LOL. 

Although quite a few of my favorite paranormal authors sometimes have a habit of this, at least there are typically (at least sometimes) enough crumbs to lead me in a certain direction.  

I'd love to hear your opinion about cliffhangers and check in below with my BFF to read her thoughts. 






July 12th: Remember When 



Comments