book club thursday - getting to know us: nitty gritty











Welcome Readers

My name is Cyn and each week we (me and my BFF Ann from  Romancing the Readers) blog all about books and book related topics on something we call Book Club Thursday(BCT).  Learn more about me and BCT here


Our feature today is:



Back on 6 April, I asked Romancing the Readers these questions...

Now it's my turn to answer them LOL



* Have you ever embarrassed yourself when you met an author?  If yes, who was it and give us some details

It was Marjorie Liu for her  Dirk& Steele series. Romancing the Readers and I were at a Romantic Times Convention and I pulled a Wayne's World " I'm not worthy" when we spied her in hall in front of one of the hotel's restaurants. I also called her an author goddess. She was a good sport about it all!  


*Give some details about a favorite RT book convention or other book signing memory?

In June I met and went to a signing for Ruth Ware-I name this in part because she came to the USA and it is probably the only time I will have a book signed by her. 



* Name some authors that you DO NOT own a signed book from that you wish you did.

Teri Wilson. And since the others I'd name are either dead or authors with only book, I'll stop now  LOL 


* What is the most you’ve ever spent on a “hard to find” book- name the book/author too

Dunno...maybe because I once worked with Romancing the Readers in a new/used bookstore and we watched for things and were lucky! 


* What is the “hard to find” book that you own that you are the most proud of?

You can find copies...kind of... but  Casa Grande by Jude Deveraux. It's so bad it's good, in the best cheesy possible way. It's one of my favorites by her .

In case you want to see what how she answered the above questions- you take a look here Nitty Gritty And don't forget to check in with her today too:



















9 August: 

Thursday Rewind: ICYMI







Comments