book club thursday- joint review










Welcome Readers

My name is Cyn and each week we (me and my BFF Ann from  Romancing the Readers) blog all about books and book related topics on something we call Book Club Thursday(BCT).  Learn more about me and BCT here

Our feature today is:



This week, Romancing the Readers and I both read and reviewed the same book. 

Did we think alike? Differ?

You'll find out when I do!  LOL  





One summer, two sisters and a chance to start over…

Before the burglary that shattered her confidence, Phoenix Rose had a fiancĂ©, a successful store and a busy, happy existence. After months spent adrift, she takes a job at the lakeside resort of Cooper’s Charm. Surrounded by beautiful scenery, friendly colleagues and a charismatic, widowed boss, Phoenix is slowly inching her way back into the world.

Visiting Cooper’s Charm to check up on her little sister, Ridley Rose impulsively agrees to fill in as housekeeper. Still reeling from an ego-bruising divorce, she finds satisfaction in a job well done—and in the attention of the resort’s handsome scuba instructor.

For Phoenix and Ridley, Cooper’s Charm is supposed to be merely temporary. But this detour may lead to the place they most need to be, where the future is as satisfying as it is surprising…


I'm going to start off by saying I expected that this novel would be a little something different from Ms Foster based on the cover and book blurb. 

And that was perfectly fine by me. 

More than fine to be honest. 

I LOVED this book- okay maybe it sagged just a pinch(and only that )in the middle and there was a predictable plot point but none the less, I LOVED it. 

Cooper's Charm had everything I love about Ms Foster's books including great characters(including furry ones), a strong story and enough heart, heat and humor to make to smile. It's not quite true Women's Fiction or straight up Romance but an artful blend of the two- at least in my opinion.

I liked that there were dual romances here and again, Ms Foster writes characters you can't help but love (or hate, or...) whether they are the main ones or the secondary. I also enjoyed the setting here- it, to steal a word from the title, is really charming!

I'm a huge fan and can't wait for the next book in the series. 













September 6th

Getting to Know Us: Spotlight On





Comments