happy release day - laura griffin - shari lapena










Welcome Book Lovers


That sounds better than book haters now doesn't?  LOL 

This feature was previously called "on my radar". I've changed it to "happy release day" because


a) Maybe I'll buy/maybe I won't

b) Most books are released on Tuesday, so most of my picks are released the same day I'm posting this blog (if not - I'll let you know). 

c) Books deserve a Happy Book Day!



As always, I'd love to hear what books are on your must buy list for the week or what thoughts you have about my choices. 


Today 7 August: 


I read an ARC and just reviewed this first title (read it here )










Defense attorney Brynn Holloran is right at home among cops, criminals, and tough-as-nails prosecutors. With her sharp wit and pointed words, she has a tendency to intimidate, and she likes it that way. She’s a force to be reckoned with in the courtroom, but in her personal life, she’s a mess.

When a vicious murderer she once helped prosecute resurfaces and starts a killing spree to wipeout those who put him behind bars, one thing becomes clear: Brynn needs to run for her life.

When the police come up empty-handed, Brynn turns to a private security firm for protection. But when she defies advice and gets involved in the investigation, even the former Secret Service agent assigned to protect her may not be able to keep her safe. With every new clue she discovers, Brynn is pulled back into the vortex of a disturbing case from her past.

As the clock ticks down on a manhunt, Brynn’s desperate search for the truth unearths long-buried secrets and reignites a killer’s fury.







 











And I CAN'T WAIT to read to this one for so many reasons! I've even timed it so I should be able to start it when I get it into my greedy little paws!  LOL 














It's winter in the Catskills and Mitchell's Inn, nestled deep in the woods, is the perfect setting for a relaxing--maybe even romantic--weekend away. It boasts spacious old rooms with huge woodburning fireplaces, a well-stocked wine cellar, and opportunities for cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, or just curling up with a good murder mystery.

So when the weather takes a turn for the worse, and a blizzard cuts off the electricity--and all contact with the outside world--the guests settle in for the long haul. 

Soon, though, one of the guests turns up dead--it looks like an accident. But when a second guest dies, they start to panic. 

Within the snowed-in paradise, something--or someone--is picking off the guests one by one. And there's nothing they can do but hunker down and hope they can survive the storm.












Comments