saturday scoop- desperate girls- laura griffin











Welcome Book Lovers

That sounds so much better than book haters doesn't it!  LOL 

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my "scoop" (I'm all about the short sweet spoiler free style of reviewing) about a book I've read. 


I'd love to hear your thoughts or comments, if you have any, about this novel. I'd also love to hear about your favorite novel by this author (if there is/you have one). 

This book is due out 7 August.







Defense attorney Brynn Holloran is right at home among cops, criminals, and tough-as-nails prosecutors. With her sharp wit and pointed words, she has a tendency to intimidate, and she likes it that way. She’s a force to be reckoned with in the courtroom, but in her personal life, she’s a mess.

When a vicious murderer she once helped prosecute resurfaces and starts a killing spree to wipeout those who put him behind bars, one thing becomes clear: Brynn needs to run for her life.

When the police come up empty-handed, Brynn turns to a private security firm for protection. But when she defies advice and gets involved in the investigation, even the former Secret Service agent assigned to protect her may not be able to keep her safe. With every new clue she discovers, Brynn is pulled back into the vortex of a disturbing case from her past.

As the clock ticks down on a manhunt, Brynn’s desperate search for the truth unearths long-buried secrets and reignites a killer’s fury.






Where has Ms Griffin been hiding all my life??

Okay, so she hasn't, I just sadly have missed out on her all these years...especially if her prior works are just as good.  

Trust me, I plan on checking those out but I digress. 

Since I can't compare Desperate Girls to any of her prior works what  I will say is the Ms Griffin is Julie Garwood good. 

Although I didn't quite get how the title plays in with the book or even the cover (maybe a pinch), I will say don't let those things deter you from reading this. 

It's a smart, fast paced well written romantic suspense novel. Both the main characters are likable and so are the secondaries and I'm hoping with some of the 'set up' more novels/a series here isn't far behind. 

I did figure out most of the plot but that didn't sway me for quickly devouring this novel. 



















Comments