book club thursday - getting to know us- spotlight on: naughty bits












Welcome Readers

My name is Cyn and each week we (me and my BFF Ann from  Romancing the Readers) blog all about books and book related topics on something we call Book Club Thursday(BCT).  Learn more about me and BCT here

Our feature today is:



NAUGHTY BITS

Today, myself and Romancing the Readers are offering up our views on this same topic.

As I've gotten older, those "naughty bits" in books kind of ... well to be honest, either bore me or turn me off rather than on. And for the purposes of my views today, I am NOT referring to erotica.  

In my romance/ficition I actually prefer the more is less. In fact, sometimes just a few well written very explicit sentences or scant paragraphs can be more sexy/effective than pages and pages and pages of descriptions. 

Sometimes too, it seems like some sex scenes are either too over the top, not needed or added as an after thought. I'm all about a love scene or two etc but not when it totals up to like 25% of the book. 

Also in my opinion, sexy scenes are different than sex scenes and again, can sometimes be hotter than the act itself. 

Plenty of authors are skilled at both the sex/sexy scenes. In my opinion here are a few: J R Ward, Katee Robert, Kresley Cole, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Maya Rodale (in no order). 

I'd love to hear your thoughts about today's topic and any of your favorite writers.  

Don't forget to check out what my BFF thinks:






September 13th

Golden Oldie



Comments